V8 Oil Galley Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Oil Galley Plugs

I have disassembled three full flow V8s in the last six months. Under the bellhousing there is the odd-ball plug that seems to feed the distributor / cam gear. I'ts the one with the flat blade screwdriver slot. Of the three blocks I got one of the plugs out cleanly. It appears to be no diffetent than any other 1/8" MPT pipe plug by the threads. Why did Stude use this mophadite difficult to remove plug? The block I currently have at the machine shop needs this plug machined out. Is there something special about this plugs purpose or depth setting? I do not see this plug for sale on any of the popular parts vendors sites. Is it OK to use a hex socket drive standard plug to replace it? I am building my first Stude motor and I want it to be a success.

Jon Kammer
    3x2stude

Yes, I just checked the Engine Small Parts Kits I sell, and they do indeed have recessed Hex plugs to replace the slotted ones and square headed ones, as well as all the Stude. peculiar parts like: Pal Nuts, Rocker Arm shaft plugs, oil gallery core plugs and brass freeze plugs etc.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
    X