Studebaker sites to visit in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker sites to visit in UK?

My wife and I are taking two of the 13-year old grandchildren to England in mid-February. We're heading from Heathrow down to Tiverton area in Devon to visit my wife's auntie, then back to London for 3 days. We'll take in Plymouth, Longleat, and Stonehenge along the way. I've been before but looking for new things to see. The kids haven't been before. Are there any good car museum sites to see in the southwest or Studebaker people to visit with while we're there?
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Gary: The National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire, England is worth a visit if it fits your itinerary. 250 plus cars on Lord Montague's estate including some famous race cars. It is a beautiful place and the grounds are very nice.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Bob took the words right out of my mouth, er, my keyboard. My wife, sons and I visited Beaulieu a few years ago and it was well worth the trip. The museum is great, as are the grounds. We also visited the mansion. Of course, you'll need to visit their excellent gift shop. Check out the museum's website.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
      X