X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN has just gone too far!

#4 on the list of 'ugliest cars of all time'

I don't put too much stock in anything MSN says

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Saying it was ugly all the way to 2005 would be going too far.

Comment

Look on the road to today and you can see and make a longer list that this one. What about the Cube or Aztec, both far uglier vehicles than anything on that list.
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
          Look on the road to today and you can see and make a longer list that this one. What about the Cube or Aztec, both far uglier vehicles than anything on that list.
          My thoughts exactly! The fact that the Pontiac Aztec is not mentioned at all means that the entire list has zero credibility!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Actually, I agree with them. So all you Avanti owners that want to get rid of that ugly duckling, let me know. I'll be happy to show up with a trailer and 10- $100 bills which is way more than their value at a scrap yard.

Just can't imagine why anyone would would want to own the 4th ugliest car in the world. Let sweetolbob help you unfortunates out of your sorrow.

The things I do to help forum members.

Bob

Comment

So who made this person an expert. I wonder what he/she drives? Probably a Nissan Versa.....
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                I don't put too much stock in anything MSN says
                Yeah it is so ugly it has been on exhibit at the Louvre in Paris, the British Design Museum in London. the Toyota Automobile Museum in Japan and the Renwick Gallery at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

It's been called a rolling piece of art work ...
                sigpic
                John
                63R-2386
                Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I know I'll sound like a curmudgeon (which might be accurate), but these lists (both best-looking and ugliest) are really getting tiresome. They all seem to be assembled by a couple of thirty-somethings who have been given a few hours to generate some filler for their employer's web site. Knowledge of or familiarity with the subject matter does not seem to a requirement, nor does any inclination to look back farther than WWII. In other words, if they authors haven't actually seen one in person, it didn't exist.

BTW, I found the comment about the headlights being set wide apart kinda ironic, since one of the objections expressed by a couple of the contemporary car magazines at the time was that the Avanti's headlights were TOO CLOSE together.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Many articles on the web are written to generate "clicks" to the site. This one certainly hooked us. Take some comfort that Studebaker with its Avanti fell into company with Rolls-Royce, Porsche and Cadillac on this list. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

Pat
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

No question the Avanti styling was a love/hate deal. I've had a few folks comment how ugly my Avanti's were. Don't forget the public loved the 58 Buick "juke box" styling over the much cleaner 57's.
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

any "ugliest" list that does NOT include the '82 Cadillac Cimarron clearly indicates that the author has NO CLUE whatsoever...

the '76 Aston Martin Lagonda should be on that list, the thing had SIX headlights, three per side, barf!...

the Corvair should be on the list, as well as the BUTT-UGLY Hummer, the first one, the H2, and the H3, god i hate those STUPID things!...

Comment

Blasphemy! And right-o about the Aztec... I recall Peter Egan commenting at a show where they displayed it with an innovative accessory camping tent that came out and enclosed the back of the Aztec: "Thats amazing - can you make one that covers the front end too?"

Comment

Notice there are no Toyota's on the list.....
                            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnston79 View Post
                              Blasphemy! And right-o about the Aztec... I recall Peter Egan commenting at a show where they displayed it with an innovative accessory camping tent that came out and enclosed the back of the Aztec: "Thats amazing - can you make one that covers the front end too?"
                              Oddly, it seems that the best looking girls drive those Aztecs around here. I never noticed anything about the vehicle! The one person's beauty versus another's revulsion will never cease in the car design business, or what people wear. A museum having a car isn't a barometer of a car's beauty, either. How many times have you walked right by an undesirable car (to you) in an automobile museum? We love our Studebaker designs, but let's face it, not many people out there appreciate them as much, even with credentials. This topic has been broached often...even within the Club we can't agree on what is ugly and what is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X