Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psst, wanna see a family Studebaker in their home movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psst, wanna see a family Studebaker in their home movie?

Around 7 minutes into this "home movie" (that seems to have been professionally edited) you will see the family get into what looks like a Studebaker to me.

Movie is extra fun for people who know Southern California. Mid-20th century tourist traps like Knotts Berry Farm (before it was all roller coasters and rides), Universal Studios, Disney Studios, Hollywood Blvd, and Los Angeles freeways are all shown (and full of period cars).
    Disneyland appears in only its second year of operation. (I never heard of Story book land before this film).

A narration (which I haven't heard yet because this computer has no sound) was added in 1995 to give this otherwise silent movie some context.

brought back memories of growing up in so cal and going to all the "neat" places. thanks...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Story Booland is still at Disneyland. It is in Fantsyland. It has Casey's Jr's Train and the Storybookland Canal boats in it. You may remember it as the lighthouse and the whale (from Pinaccho) that has its mouth open and swallows the canal boats. In fact there is a big sign that says Storybookland on it on the small hillside behind the lighthouse.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
        Story Booland is still at Disneyland. It is in Fantsyland. It has Casey's Jr's Train and the Storybookland Canal boats in it. You may remember it as the lighthouse and the whale (from Pinaccho) that has its mouth open and swallows the canal boats. In fact there is a big sign that says Storybookland on it on the small hillside behind the lighthouse.

Mark
        At first I thought Story Booland must be a Halloween related place and then I realized your finger must have slipped.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

That brought back many memories of our family trip to California in 1956,but we went in a 1955 Buick Special 4 dr Hardtop. (Dad was a Buick guy) And we had relitives in Torrance Ca. My Uncle worked as a mechanic for DisneyLand.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I grew up in Southern California in the 60s. Disneyland looks just as I remember it back then. We just got back from Disneyland a few weeks ago, as well. Its funny how different it looks now, yet somehow still remains the same. Fabulous place to visit. I recommend it to anyone. Its also amazing how nice everyone becomes once they pass through the gates of the "Happiest Place on Earth".
            sals54

Comment

I like the scene where the Studebaker Champion (a '54 I think) gets passed by a black Kaiser Manhattan! And how about some appreciation for the beautiful Eastern Airlines and TWA Constellations they flew out to L.A. on? Russ Farris
              1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
              1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Working...
              X