1954 Fog Lamp Assemblies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Fog Lamp Assemblies

I tried this a couple of weeks ago, but no replies. I am looking for a pair of fog lamps for my '54. I realize that they aren't popular with most, but really would like to locate a decent set.
    Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone.

Bob,
    I was in the process of responding to your first inquiry when I realized the one right housing I have is for a '55.
    Keep looking, check the auction sites and visit Stude swap meets if you get the opportunity. Just be certain you don't get a '55 set. They will not fit!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I think Bob found a set and is having them re chromed now.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

If Bob has found his I'll put the word out I would like a set also. I have a '55 set for trade. I considered trying to weld up the notch and reshape them to fit the '54 bumper, but would rather swap for the right ones.
        Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

No, I haven't found a set yet. What I did find were the accessory backup lights. They will be rechromed.

Comment

Be sure those back-up lights are for C/K models. Sedan models look practically identical and will fit but will only illuminate the tops of the trees.
            Brad Johnson,
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

What is the difference between the '54 and '55 fog lamps?
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

JR, The '54 bumper is narrower than the '55 to '64. The notch where the housing wraps around the bumper is smaller on the '53-'54 housings.
                Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

The difference is in the housing contour and the bumpers. The bumpers were changed in '55 and the contour of the housing was changed to match.
                  If you are looking at a housing without a bumper to match it to, you may note the upper inner edge on the '55 curls almost to the horizontal, while the '53-'54 tapers off at an angle. Other differences too but that may be the easiest to identify.
                  Not the greatest pictures but maybe you can see the difference here.
                  Last edited by rockne10; 12-25-2010, 04:05 PM.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                  X