Studebaker Seat Belts Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Seat Belts Stolen

While it certainly may not be as devastating as losing a truck, trailer, car, or all of the above, I recently had a set of new in-the-box Studebaker Karbelts walk off from my dinner table at a recent Studebaker gathering while I was outside taking pictures of cars for our newsletter. They are tan/brown in color, perfect condition and the box is like new. There can't be many out there. If anyone spots them, please let me know.

They look like these, only kind of a medium brown color:

Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    Dave
    Last edited by barnlark; 12-24-2010, 01:08 PM.

Gee David , thats terrible !
    Hope you find them and also hope you have a better Christmas .....see you in York I hope .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks, Bob. I don't expect to, but many here have keen Craigslist and Ebay eyes, so maybe. Merry and Happy to you folks up North, too.

Comment

Dave
        That sucks. Were you at a club function when this happened? The list of "suspects" must be fairly small. It sounds like it was at your house. How many people were there?
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Not at my house, but yes, a club function with club friends that I have known for quite some time. Very few that I didn't know. Maybe 40 people.

Comment

This is ridiculous. Make it known in your newsletter, Dave. Somebody has to know. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
              Dave
              That sucks.<<<
              X 2!!!

If it was in a restaurant or some such place, would there have been security camera video? Was a police report filed???

PS: I'd be willing to kick-in to a "REWARD FUND" if you wanted to go that route.
              Last edited by Welcome; 12-24-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Boy oh boy, how low can some people go? Just when you think you've heard it all, another piece of garbage commits a theft.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Ironic that somebody would risk a possibly physical reprimand stealing an item designed to protect oneself. I can't imagine how anybody could feel good about themselves committing such a low down act.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                    Thanks, Bob. I don't expect to, but many here have keen Craigslist and Ebay eyes, so maybe. Merry and Happy to you folks up North, too.
                    Sorry to hear this. Ignore my upcoming ebay listings for the last 7 sets of tan I have to sell though.
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Cale Wilbern View Post
                      Ironic that somebody would risk a possibly physical reprimand stealing an item designed to protect oneself.
                      Hopefully they get caught, and that same item can also be used on their behind!

Craig

Comment

Jdp ?

I'll trade JDP a case of 12 license lights for a pair of these seat belts to replace Barn Larks.......

Comment

I am just shaking my head in disbelief...what next? I really think what goes around, comes around, so I truly hope something good comes your way soon, and Karma takes care of the creep that had the 'nads to rip you off. Merry Christmas! Junior
                          Last edited by junior; 12-26-2010, 06:32 AM.
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

And I'll raise you 2 new horn button covers for later Larks and Hawks.

Comment

I hope that someone picked them up thinking that you had left and that they would get them to you in the future. If I am wrong, that is disturbing that a club/chapter member would do this. Karma is right. I took a '59 Lark radio to our last meeting and asked who needed it. When asked the price, I said "FREE! Just remember me when you find something for a Packard Hawk!" Isn't it "Pay it Forward?" Not "Knock your friend to the ground and kick him!"
                              Carey
                              Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X