Direct Fit Replacement Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Fit Replacement Gauges

This is a shameless plug for a venture I've been playing with for a couple of years now. I have several NOS Stewart Warner 6000 and 8000 rpm tachs, 160 and 140mph speedo's, temp gauges, ammeter gauges, voltage gauges, oil pressure gauges and can reface and change out the needles so that they appear identical to the factory issue. Tachs do not require a sending unit and function much better than original Stude.

So is there any interest from the membership in these? I won't sell these as original even though they are direct fit and look is identical, so I'm calling them direct replacement. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by jlmccuan; 12-22-2010, 09:47 PM.
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Sounds like a great idea Jim. But as always, how fast they sell, will have a lot to do with the cost.
    I am sure that there are plenty of Members out there needing them, as we have already seen on this Forum.
    Can you do the Tachs in both flat black bezels for GT Hawks and Chrome for Daytonas & Avantis?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi Jim, what are you asking for the tach, and will they work with an electronic distributor? Thanks

Comment

Interested!... but have a stupid question?..... I've got a 57 GH will the gauges come with the chrome bezels and if so do you have any pics, prices.....Thanks

Comment

I'd be interested.

Joe D.

Comment

I would be interested in a tach
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

See what you got yourself into!!!
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Jim,

I may be interested in a Tach for 61 Hawk, if it appears more or less like original. How does yours function without the sending unit? Do you have prices in mind?

Thanks,
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by jlmccuan View Post
                  This is a shameless plug for a venture I've been playing with for a couple of years now. I have several NOS Stewart Warner 6000 and 8000 rpm tachs, 160 and 140mph speedo's, temp gauges, ammeter gauges, voltage gauges, oil pressure gauges and can reface and change out the needles so that they appear identical to the factory issue. Tachs do not require a sending unit and function much better than original Stude.

So is there any interest from the membership in these? I won't sell these as original even though they are direct fit and look is identical, so I'm calling them direct replacement. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
                  Jim
                  Jim, check your PM.....

Comment

The tachs connect to the tach output on an HEI or to the coil like the originals do. All the electronics are inside the tach, so no outside sending unit is needed. Bezels are matched for the application. I'll put some pics up soon with pricing. I can also do quartz clock conversions now.
                    Jim
                    Often in error, never in doubt
                    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sounds like you have a winner here Jim, keep posted.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Jim, I am very interested. Email me at royvaldez@jps.net I have a 1964 GT Hawk. Clock sounds good.

Comment

jIM, I WOULD BE INTERSTED IN A TACK FOR A63 DAYTONA. mAC

Comment

My guages & clock are good...just need the chrome bezels as mine are in poor shape. Are you the source Jim? Clock is fine...what kind of price for the four small & 1 large bezels only? Do I send the small gauges to you as it seems the bezels are roll-formed onto the metal cups that hold the actual guage?
                            Ray Stewart SDC
                            51 pick-up
                            57 silver hawk
                            62 lark

Comment

I wonder if Rose would notice a 160mph speedo in the Flight Hawk?

Comment

Working...
                              X