Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna see some neat old original Studebaker Christmas cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna see some neat old original Studebaker Christmas cards?

This is a 1959 card showing the "line up" for 1960. It is a fold over card the bottom half above is actually page 3. This was sent out by Studebaker to its dealers and is pretty scarce. I have lots more as I have been collecting them for a loooong time. More to follow.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Cool. Looking forward to 'em!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks for posting this Richard. Since I use a compact laptop, I had to zoom in to read the printing on the card. I see that they have named the birds after all body styles of Larks offered for 1960 with the Hawk being the one closest to Santa's hands.

There is one bird not named so I will credit it as the representative from the truck division. Then there is the 1885 sleigh...if anything...a proud reflection of Studebaker's heritage of providing sturdy transport long before the gasoline age.

Great post! Let's see some more!

By the way, looking at the time of your post, I can't tell if you were up late or very early. Thanks for hanging out here.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Like John, I also wondered about the aqua/turquoise-colored bird that was not named. I thought maybe it was the Model N, for which someone in the graphics dept was still "holding out" as late as the fall of 1959. <GGG> BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Missing something? The aqua bird has an asterisk in front of its beak referencing the fleet vehicles (police, taxis, etc) because of the unavailable space.

Comment

Great card, Richard. Love to see more.

Can I use the Santa and sleigh picture for my Christmas cards next year?

Comment

Originally posted by stude53 View Post
              Great card, Richard. Love to see more.

Can I use the Santa and sleigh picture for my Christmas cards next year?
              Sure. Email me direct with your address (thru the forum) and I will send you a high resolution version.
              Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                Missing something? The aqua bird has an asterisk in front of its beak referencing the fleet vehicles (police, taxis, etc) because of the unavailable space.
                Yep, barnlark has it. Below a larger version showing the details.

Richard Quinn

Comment

This one is undated however I believe it is from 1931 - 1932 since that was the time they were using the "Studebaker Sales Corporation" terminology.
                  I am kind of disappointed that the artwork of the Administration Building does not show my thermometer just to the right of the doors. It was
                  certainly there at that time.
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

This is definitely my earliest 1885. The original card measures 3 1/2 X 4 3/4." Note the names of the five brothers: Clem, J.M., Peter and Jacob.
                    Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                    X