Value of a 63 Lark VIII 4-door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a 63 Lark VIII 4-door

I am going to look at a 63 Lark VIII 4-door that has been smashed tomorrow. The car has been sitting for 5-6 years, and the rear trunklid had a tree fall upon it. The car is in beautiful shape otherwise with NO rust at all, as I have seen it from the road for many years now. I would think before it was smashed it would be worth $1500 or so, but what would you appraise it at?
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Too many unanswered questions. For example: How is the paint? What's the rust situation look like up close? How are the floors and frame? How's the interior and dash? Just how bad is the damage- fixable or beyond? Does the engine turn?

If complete it will always be worth at least a few hundred. More would depend on the above.

Make sure to bring us pictures!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The car is complete and I can't see any surface rust, the paint looks mildew covered, but otherwise great from the road. The car was drivable until the tree fell on it and the owner collected full insurance so it was deemed totaled, I haven't seen the damage as it is covered by a tarp, but will post pictures tomorrow.
      Lizella, GA

Comment

What drivetrain does it have
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Covered by a tarp,that can be a bad thing!!! and you already said there is mildew? tarp = sweat,tarp+sweat = rust,look it over good.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

If it was smashed tomorrow, how are you going to see it today?

Post pics, that'll help.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

I paid $1000 for the last '63 Lark I bought. It was a rotten, rusted coastal Florida car that had been totaled out. Most of the previous body work had been done with foam fill and pop rivets. The decklid was the only usable piece of sheetmetal.

In actuality, I bought the 289 and 4 speed. It just had a mangled Daytona wrapped around it.

Get us some good pics, Alex. Too many variables at play here to determine a possible value based only on a description. Where's this Lark sedan at? It may be one that I remember looking at a few years ago.

Last edited by mbstude; 12-21-2010, 08:12 PM.

Comment

This Lark is in Macon, GA, 10 miles from my house.
                Lizella, GA

Comment

Matt,

All I can say is: Ouch!!!!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X