IUH138 information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUH138 information

My first visit to this Forum and already asking questions.

This week I bought my first Studebaker. A 1950 model Studebaker Commander

It was imported a year and a half ago into the Netherlands and on the California title it is registered in 1978 to August Hoekstra of Simi Valley.

I am looking for as much information on the history of this car as possible.

Regards,
    Kees
    The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Nice car. I like how you can double click on 1950 model Studebaker commander and get a picture of it. I just purchased one of these yesterday. If you need any parts for your car, I have them.

Comment

Welcome. You may purchase a production order and possibly a sales card from the SDC Museum and SDC Archives for all your info. Here is a page for some links you will need now that you have purchased your new Commander.

Comment

They are nice cars, I bought a Champion in August and it looks and runs great.
        If your car was made in the US you can get a copy of the original Product Order from the Studebaker Museum.

Comment

Nice car! It is an early 1950 model.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by KJongenburger View Post
            My first visit to this Forum and already asking questions ... Kees
            Kees,

Welcome to the Forum. Please join the Studebaker Drivers Club and frequent this forum often for answers to your questions, many of us like to hang out and give our opinions for what they are worth and enjoy a laugh or two. I wish you the best of luck with your Studebaker and look forward to frequent pictures, stories and comments. We greatly appreciate your willingness to be an ambassador of the Studebaker marque in Europe.

Goede Dag,

John
            sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Quote: "I am looking for as much information on the history of this car as possible."

I take it that IUH138 is a Calif. License plate number, if you contact the Calif. Dept of motor Vehicles you may be able to buy registration history on the car, if you have it's Serial Number and the plate number, the old records are not in the computer system, but in paper files that can be searched.

After you get the Production Order from the SNM, you will have the original Engine Number, which on a 1950, in Calif. was probably used as a "VIN" number.

I very vaguely remember the Hoekstra's of Simi Valley, because I am from So. Calif., so maybe a search of old SDC Rosters will find them, I checked the oldest one I have available; 2000 with no listing in Calif.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 12-19-2010, 06:23 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Today the car was brought to my workshop. There were a pair of old golf shoes in it and the original owners handbook. It's very fragile but if anyone is interested I can send a copy once I have scanned it.

I just found the production number. If anyone has any information I am still interested. No 4839885.
                The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

Kees,
                  Welcome to the wonderful world of Studebaker ownership and driving! Car looks as if it is in nice shape.
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X