T-BOW carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-BOW carb rebuild

I had several people recommend T-BOW to do a carb rebuild for me. It is complete. I just thought I would post some photos of his work. It looks good to me but it will be awhile before I bolt it on and try it out.
    Attached Files

If that carb works as good as it looks it will work really nice.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Dave Thibeault will answer to whatever he is called, as long as the check clears. However, for those without a clue as to what a T-BOW is:

Dave Thibeault
      13 Nick Lane
      Maynard, MA 01754
      978-897-3158

Has an ad each month in Turning Wheels for sway bars, shocks, springs, Mallory distributors and carb rebuilds.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

I did'nt realise that,I'll have to think of something down n dirty to call him next time I see him!
        Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
        Dave Thibeault will answer to whatever he is called, as long as the check clears. However, for those without a clue as to what a T-BOW is:

Dave Thibeault
        13 Nick Lane
        Maynard, MA 01754
        978-897-3158

Has an ad each month in Turning Wheels for sway bars, shocks, springs, Mallory distributors and carb rebuilds.

jack vines
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Hey, I want to recommend Dave to any member needing a carb rebuild. He did my Carter 3589 R1 AFB this summer. It previously had been rebuilt three times: once by Harry Weber, an old Stude mechanic, once by me, and once by another guy. My rebuild and the other guys rebuild resulted in an engine that idled rough and performed rough. Dave's rebuild compared to Harry's in making the engine idle smooth, run great, and get over 19 mpgs on a road trip! (R1 4spd 3.07 Super Hawk) Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            I did'nt realise that,I'll have to think of something down n dirty to call him next time I see him!
            Good luck with that, Joe. He could squash you like a bug! (and me, too, at the same time!)
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I was told he was this teddy bear of a guy.......is he really violent?
              Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
              Good luck with that, Joe. He could squash you like a bug! (and me, too, at the same time!)

Comment

Remember Gillugan's Island,in a dream Skipper was the giant in Jack and beanstalk.and Gillugan"played boy little boy" ran between Skipper's legs,well I'd say feet do your thing!!! "HE'D NEVER LAY A GLOVE ON ME ?
                Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Several years ago I had my Studebaker at a very nice show on Fort Myers Beach. We parked between the hotel and the water. A big fellow came by and looked at my car and we talked. He introduced himself, but then the name David Thibeault didn't mean anything to me. Later I learned with whom I had been speaking.
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Felix,he kinda is.though like anyone he could get riled?[ I'v eknown Dave for over 20 years and have'nt had a bad note with him!QUOTE=Felix Benet;510321]I was told he was this teddy bear of a guy.......is he really violent?[/QUOTE]
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Felix Benet View Post
                      I was told he was this teddy bear of a guy.......is he really violent?
                      No Neil, he is really is a very nice guy. I thought you said you knew him.
                      Last edited by raoul5788; 12-14-2010, 06:57 PM.
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Thanks for the heads up...........I actually thought this guy had a short fuse and could blow up at any moment.....lot's of people have referred to him as this big mafia looking individual. I would not want to be the individual to run afoul of anyone looking like Luca Brazzi in The Godfather:-)
                        Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                        Felix,he kinda is.though like anyone he could get riled?[ I'v eknown Dave for over 20 years and have'nt had a bad note with him!QUOTE=Felix Benet;510321]I was told he was this teddy bear of a guy.......is he really violent?
                        [/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks for the heads up...........I actually thought this guy had a short fuse and could blow up at any moment.....lot's of people have referred to him as this big mafia looking individual. I would not want to be the individual to run afoul of anyone looking like Luca Brazzi in The Godfather:-)
                          Like I posted Neil, Dave is a really nice guy and is the proverbial gentle giant. Why would you say anything different about him?
                          Chip
                          '63 Cruiser
                          '57 Packard wagon
                          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Hmm, I guess all the years of University study has really let me down here........as far as English comprehension is concerned ...I just can not see where I denigrated or demeaned that individual.......I merely quoted what I have overheard others in the past utter........... now it would appear that you sir were sick ,or in the alternative, cut school while English comprehension and or composition was before the class....so which is it 'Raoul'???
                            Originally posted by Raoul View Post
                            Like I posted Neil, Dave is a really nice guy and is the proverbial gentle giant. Why would you say anything different about him?

Comment

Hmm, I guess all the years of University study has really let me down here........as far as English comprehension is concerned ...I just can not see where I denigrated or demeaned that individual.......I merely quoted what I have overheard others in the past utter........... now it would appear that you sir were sick ,or in the alternative, cut school while English comprehension and or composition was before the class....so which is it 'Raoul'???
                              You don't really want to get into this, do you? Raoul is a screen name, my real name is on the bottom of every one of my posts. My full name and town is in my profile, unlike yours Neil.
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X