Pop Quiz: Studebaker's "Alphabet" Used Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Quiz: Studebaker's "Alphabet" Used Cars

OK, there are still several remaining, unused, NOS Studebaker Red Ball envelopes in my stationery drawer, so it is time for another Studebaker Pop Quiz.

Be the first correct poster to answer this question and I'll send you two NOS Studebaker Red Ball envelopes for your collection of Studebaker "smalls." (Previous Quiz winners are on their honor to not participate, please.)

If you wanted a good, used, late-model Studebaker (or any other used car, Studebaker dealer marketing would have you believe), Studebaker would advise you to visit your Studebaker dealer and

A
    B
    C

What did the letters A B C stand for? (The words in the answer must be spelled correctly according to the subject Studebaker slogan, since one word can be correctly spelled two different ways.)
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Always Buy Certified
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Since Richard no doubt has some of those envelopes already, here's my answer:

Always
      Buy
      Certified

KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Already Been Chewed. Oh wait, that's gum.
        Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt
        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          Since Richard no doubt has some of those envelopes already, here's my answer:

Always
          Buy
          Certified

BINGO!Yes, Kurt; Richard already has some of the envelopes.

If you'll post your snail-mail address, I'll send you a couple...or send a PM to my e-mail address in The Co-Operator.

BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wait a minute, I have been robbed!! I demand a recount. I need envelopes. Well OK, in the spirit of the season I will acquiesce.
            Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              Wait a minute, I have been robbed!! I demand a recount. I need envelopes. Well OK, in the spirit of the season I will acquiesce.
              Richard, get off the computer and look for those key presentation cases mentioned in another thread!
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                I thought you had a couple, Dick. If you don't, let me know and I'll send you a couple as well.

In the Spirit of the Season and all that... <GGG> BP

Comment

This is the last page of a four page folder showing the various signs advertising the used car promotion. Most of the other signs in the piece have the ABC but not the wording, Always Buy Certified. I have an original sign around here someplace. There has been one run on ebay several times with a starting price around $3,000! The seller obviously doesn' know casos!
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

The "Always Buy Certified" campaign is also advertised in some stude commercials I have. (can be bought from the SNM)
                    Just for fun, what years did the ABC car sales run?
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

A B C Used Cars

It was a permanent thing Chris, not a promotion. From it's inception to the end.
                      Chevy. Dealers called their Used Car Lots OK Used cars.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi

If you haven't seen this ABC Used Car commercial on YouTube, have a look:
                        This is from the early Sixties, a Studebaker ABC Used Car Commercial ABC was Studebaker's branded Used car lot name. ABC Stood for Always Buy Certified. Th...

It's a prefect '50's period piece: befuddled dad, loving wife, cutesy kids, helpful and friendly dealer, schmaltz music.....makes me smile every time I watch it!

Steve

Comment

Here's a color photo of my hometown dealer with at least two of the three letters seen in a banner hanging off the building:

This website is a free public information store about the vehicles manufactured by the Packard Motor Car Company (PMCC). This include information of the following keywords: packard, car, vin, decoder, ultramatic, clipper, patrican, caribbean, hardtop, convertible, pac, pmc, pi, panther, daytona, thunderbolt, 288, 327, 356, straight 8, l8, v12, senior, junior, Henley, stb, sc, service, technical, bulletin, counselor, manual, 120, 110, 160, 180, 110c, 110b, super, super8, eight, 1956, 1955,1954, 1953, 1952, 1950, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1946, 1942, 1941, 1940, 1939, 1938, 1937, 1936, 1935, 1934, 1933, 1932, 1931, 1930, 1929, 1928, 1927, 1926, 1925, 1924, 1923, 1922, 1921, 1920, 1919, 1918, 1917, 1916, 1915, 1914, 1913, 1912, 1911, 1910, 1909, 1908, 1907, 1906, 1905, 1904, 1903, 1902, 1901, 1900, 1899, forum, v8, information, help, parts, info, specs, specifications
                          Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          (formerly Greenville, PA)
                          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

Bob,
                            Just remember, since Richard wants a recount, just remember what state he lives in!! LOL

Jim
                            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                            their Memorials!

Comment

What did the letters A B C stand for? (The words in the answer must be spelled correctly according to the subject Studebaker slogan, since one word can be correctly spelled two different ways.)[/QUOTE]

So Bob, what was the word that could be spelled two ways? ALLWAYS?
                              KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Comment

Working...
                              X