• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I supply the link...you the comments

Found this while playing on eBay...

John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

I don't know which is more criminal, the vehicle itself, or the starting bid he's asking.

Comment

That's like building a house with 6 bathrooms, 1 bedroom and an indoor pig-roasting pit, then putting it on the market for a Million Dollars...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Somebody's got WAAAAY too much time on their hands.

Comment

Calvin probably knows him....It's in Clinton, SC
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Bet you wont find another one like it,its RARE

Comment

Interesting, but not at that price.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I had a year-long dalliance with the whole 'rat-rod' thing. Ultimately it passed, since the real fun of driving one looked like it would evaporate rather quickly for me Still, they fascinate me. I am particularly interested in the different approaches to the front suspension and steering. Usually pretty creative, frequently downright dangerous. I think most have no idea what it really takes to set up a correctly working front end.

Still, from the few pictures this one looks fairly well done. It would probably do an honest $5K if the seller wasn't being silly. Must be he's looking to get materials plus a good hourly wage for every minute spent, plus a profit. Sorry bro, doesn't work that way.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Just because you can doesnt mean you should.
                  Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I don't know which is more criminal, the vehicle itself, or the starting bid he's asking.
                    Just because you can doesnt mean you should.
                    Aww, c'mon guys. This guy is an artist who has created a rolling sculpture that is intended to capture the "essence" of a steam locomotive! It looks well built to me, although admittedly, it will only interest a "niche market". Thats the tough aspect of vehicles like these. No matter how well done they are, there are few people who share the owner's vision, and even fewer who are willing to buy into it.
                    Last edited by Lothar; 12-06-2010, 03:32 PM. Reason: Add more descriptive language
                    John
                    1950 Champion
                    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                    Holdrege NE

Comment

Would agree, it is definitely "niche"... of course, so are Studes...
                      Looks like a fun little rid but agreed, WAY more $$$ than it should be

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.
                        Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

What makes it a 42 Ford? They must have chopped the serial tag out of one?
                          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                          Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
                          X