Are they worth selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they worth selling?

I have a 1946 Studebaker Skyway Champion 5G (<- I think) and am going in a different direction with it than I first planned. I am going to remove the suspension, engine and transmission. It's a flathead 6 with what I believe is a 3 speed. Do these parts have any value for resale or should I just keep them as cool garage art and a conversation piece?

Not real interested in selling if they are only worth $100. Any one have any advise for me?

Thanks

OK I guess that's a no on the advise.

Comment

Originally posted by raidmagic View Post
      OK I guess that's a no on the advise.
      Give it time.....this isn't "live".
      It cant hurt to advertise in your local chapter......someone might need parts for a restoration.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

What are doing with the dash? A local member is looking some chrome dash parts.

Comment

Hi i took all the same stuff out of ours. It did not sell. So i put it on here for free and a man from TX. come to get it. Ours was a 1942. Email me if you have any more parts for sale. Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

I'm replacing the running 170 in my fifty with a 185; so I'm selling mine as well. It looks to have been rebuilt at some point in time and there is no smoke or knocking. But I'm not removing it until it's sold.

Comment

where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                where are you?
                Sorry about that, I didn't realize my profile wasn't filled out. I took care of that. I'm in Brandon Fl. That's just east of Tampa for those that haven't heard of it.

I plan on keeping the rest of the car I'm just going to redo the suspension, engine and trans. I am in need of some rear sheet metal if you know anyone that makes parts for this car or anyone parting one out. The rear deck lid and the lower rear valance. Thanks

Comment

Hello raidmagic; I've been into Studebakers for over 40+ years and I've found auto parts, especially for 64+ years old parts, are needed and wanted by someone. However, the 169 c.i. Champion engine was produced in some form for 20 years and there were and are many of them. It it one of the slower moving Studebaker units, but there are folks out there who have 1946 Champions looking for an original engine. Of course, the problem is hooking up buyer and seller. I can only say, advertise in any medium you can. The whole driveline is of value, a complete engine should be worth $200-250 at least. Good luck.

Frank Drumheller
                  Locust Grove, VA
                  60S-W6
                  1948 M16-52 Boyer fire truck
                  a graveyard full of Studebaker's finest

Comment

Originally posted by studelark View Post
                    Hello raidmagic; I've been into Studebakers for over 40+ years and I've found auto parts, especially for 64+ years old parts, are needed and wanted by someone. However, the 169 c.i. Champion engine was produced in some form for 20 years and there were and are many of them. It it one of the slower moving Studebaker units, but there are folks out there who have 1946 Champions looking for an original engine. Of course, the problem is hooking up buyer and seller. I can only say, advertise in any medium you can. The whole driveline is of value, a complete engine should be worth $200-250 at least. Good luck.

Frank Drumheller
                    Locust Grove, VA
                    60S-W6
                    1948 M16-52 Boyer fire truck
                    a graveyard full of Studebaker's finest

Great info, thanks! I didn't know this motor was used that long. I'll be putting it on an engine stand and maybe someday the right guy will come along and things will work out. I would hate to just scrap it all.

Comment

Originally posted by raidmagic View Post
                      Great info, thanks! I didn't know this motor was used that long. I'll be putting it on an engine stand and maybe someday the right guy will come along and things will work out. I would hate to just scrap it all.
                      Stick it on the Studebaker Swap page and someone might hook up with you. You can put wanted ads on there as well

1964 GT Hawk
                      PSMCDR 2014
                      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                      PSMCDR 2013
                      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                      X