Daytona Snowtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Snowtop

My Daytona got caught in an early NC snow. Not much compared to what the northern parts of the country get, but we just don't get too much snow around here.

Last edited by r1lark; 12-04-2010, 03:18 PM.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Looks great, Paul!

Mine's been tucked away for probably about six weeks.

I love mine, but that Regal Red sure is pretty! I'd love to see a Skytop that was Rose Mist, but I think the chance of that's pretty slim!
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

ditto on the regal red - that's purdy... just talked to my daughter at unc-ch, says it's been coming down for about 4 hours. they say we're on the borderline for overnight "frozen precip" - don't think we had any snow last year...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
        My Daytona got caught in an early NC snow. Not much compared to what the northern parts of the country get, but we just don't get too much snow around here.

There's no snow up here where we live in Canada, the grass is still green and temps are hovering right about 32 degrees. I heard Buffalo got pounded with lake effect snow last week but we didn't see a thing. I didn't think NC even got snow!
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Yikes!
          My sister called me from Illinois today and they had 5" NW of Chicago...
          You had some snow in NC...and it was 69 here in Savannah today.
          I am soooo glad to live outside the snow belt...
          Jeff
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Dang, Paul

We're at 2200 feet, and all we had was a bit of sleet!
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

Geesh, it was 82 degrees here yesterday. Not much chance of snow at that temp.

Comment

Just one of those weird things, Ron!

Did you get finished with your tranny mod?
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Sunny and 70 in Minneapolis. : )

Comment

No real snow in this part of North Carolina, but when the Champ and I pulled into the driveway yesterday afternoon after having attended a chapter meeting a little sleet began bouncing off of the hood. Nothing stuck, but boy is it cold today. Not supposed to get over about 41 today and will get down into the twenties tonight. I think its time to move to Tahiti!
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That's a crazy amount of snow for NC! Wow. We have a lot here, snowed all night, but that's normal for December. As 2R5 would say, "you guys live on the wrong side of the lake"....but, a thick Winston-Salem snow? Sheeeesh. We all could be in for a long one this year.

Comment

Next Time

Paul
                        Snow was no problem for us at NCSDC Christmas party we just opened the Studemino to 60MPH and all blew off.
                        Jack White
                        Charlotte,NC
                        North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

We've had scarcely a dusting thus far in Hamilton, but not too far west around London they've had nearly a metre of sky dandruff thus far with more to come tomorrow. Depends on wind direction and lake temperature...cold winds to the southeast off Lake Huron spells trouble for London...an east (westbound) wind over Lake Ontario and we get clobbered here. Glad the prevailing wind's out of the west. Means we dodge more snow-bullets than hit us...

Haven't been able to get the Stude into storage yet. She's stalling a lot. Mech suspects carb icing like on a light airplane. Could be. Lots of cold damp weather, and also I got the Lark rustproofed and they cleaned the engine bay too, meaning it was damp already. For now the Lark's in front of my parents' house, like it was 2007 again...hope our winter is nothing like '07-08 was!

S.

Comment

I submitted these to our newsletter Sunday, but this was the end result of what we had to drive back in from the auto wreckers. The Lark has been moved around since then, but I think it could be coined as a dusting, lol....

I should add that since we had a moderate snowfall, the temperature usually soon follows because it fell immediately afterward. We've been in the single digits since Sunday .....
                            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Well, there is no snow around. But even the sunny skies don't overcome the 18 degree temperature this morning. Brrrrrrrrrr.....it may be time to move to Tahiti.
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X