PackardBaker Finned Brake Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PackardBaker Finned Brake Drum

Anybody have a good original 57 PackardBaker left rear finned brake drum for sale ?

Any suggestions on who to contact to get one ?

Thanks

Isn't that the same drum as a 1957 SilverHawk? Where are you located?
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

The rear drum should be the same as any V8 rear from 56-up . 10" x 2". Finned drums were standard on Hawks and optoinal on other models.
      Disk brake cars are the exception.
      New ones are available from Studebaker International.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Anne,

If the drum is a 10" finned drum with left hand threads, it is likely the same as what I am looking for.

My 55-58 Chassis Parts Catalog shows the drum I want, part no. 1539463, to fit 56B, with 289" engine and 56H, 56J, 57H, 57L, 58H and 58L cars.

If the '57 Silver Hawk is a 57B Commander, my parts book indicates a different part number, 1542153. Perhaps some one on the forum simply knows the answer and will respond.

I'm in WV for the time being.

Bezhawk,

Are all the 10"x2" Hawk finned brake drum studs left and right handed through the end of production? I had thought at some point they switched over to all right hand threads.

And as for Studebaker International, thanks. I had thought of them, but my preferences for replacement parts are first NOS, good used original and then reproduction. I am searching at the good used original level now. It's no wonder it takes me so long to get anything done.

Thanks folks.

Comment

You are right in that they did switch stud threads (I believe it was 58).
          You can press in new studes if you need to keep it stock. It is tricky to find someone to correctly swadge the drum to the studs. This usually doesn't present a problem as the wheel will hold everything together when tightened.(as long as the studs and drum holes are a good fit)
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X