'39-'40s lets see 'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '39-'40s lets see 'em!

So far we have '52s, Larks, and '58s. I'd like to see more of my own favorite years of prewar Studebakers, '39s and '40s!
    Chris Dresbach

OK Chris...stand by...haven't got as many prewar car pix myself, but there's a few, including your own '40 at SB...

S.

Comment

The most appropriate car to begin with is Chris' own ex-Ely Stokes '40 Champion 2dr sedan...seen at the May 2010 Michiana swap meet in SB.

More to follow...

Comment

Same event, Chris' '40 2dr again with a '39 Champion coupe for company...

Stay tuned...

Comment

'40 President coupe at St.Catharines ON, 2008 Crossroads ZM

Comment

York 2010...three Hamilton SDCers talk Stude next to a 39 Champion coupe project car (anyone know the fate of the coupe?)

Comment

Kind of a neat melancholy "window in time" shot through the Champion, showing a '60 Hawk parts car (now absorbed into a '61 Hawk project here in the Hamilton area)

Comment

This one's neither a 39 nor a 40, but represents the final version of the classic prewar Champion design. '46 coupe at York.

Comment

Dick Quinn's first Stude.

Malcolm Stinson's '40 President at the recent ASC Meet in Bellingham.

Comment

39 President coupe, Chillicothe Crossroads ZM 2010

Comment

Three Champion rods from the Fleetwood estate 2010 event...Stude Canada centennial celebration (over fifty Studes turned out). First one is a gorgeous 40 coupe, Hamilton Chapter car from the Cambridge area...

"Hoodless Horseman" 40 2dr...

Another 46; I've only ever seen a couple of these.

All for now...

S.

Comment

Here's mine. '40 President. Final Assy. Date: 12/20/39. Model 6C W3. Originally Dove Grey.
                        Shipping destination New York, NY.
                        Only option shown on Production Order is DX40 -- Phantom Wheel.

I purchased it in 1987 from the man who had owned it for about 40 years.
                        Before someone asks, it does have a non-Studebaker hood ornament added by
                        one of its previous owners. The gentleman I bought it from drove it as his daily
                        driver into the 1960s.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                          39 President coupe, Chillicothe Crossroads ZM 2010
                          I think that this is a 40' Commander Coupe. The grill's are 40' and on the side of the hood you can barely make out "COMMANDER"

Comment

I see a whole lotta '39 and '40's but not too many of these '39 and '40's !!

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I think that car once belonged to Dick Quinn.
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                              X