Value of NOS NIB Carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of NOS NIB Carb?

A man emailed me about finding a new Carter 1-barrel carb., Model BBR-1 in the box with the instruction paper still readable identifying it as being for a 49-55 Studebaker Truck. It looks like it was never installed.
    Anyone have any idea what it should be worth?
    With instructions in the box I suspect it could be a rebuilt unit.
    Thanks,
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

A brand new, original equip. Carter but aftermarket Carb. sold at a Carb. Electric Parts store in the day without a Studebaker Part number sticker, not sold at a dealer would have instructions in the box, if the box actually says "CARTER" brand name on it, it probably IS new not rebuilt and would be an easy $100.00 to $200.00 at a Swap Meet, but here's the bottom line: "FOR THOSE THAT NEED ONE!"
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      A brand new, original equip. Carter but aftermarket Carb. sold at a Carb. Electric Parts store in the day without a Studebaker Part number sticker, not sold at a dealer would have instructions in the box, if the box actually says "CARTER" brand name on it, it probably IS new not rebuilt and would be an easy $100.00 to $200.00 at a Swap Meet, but here's the bottom line: "FOR THOSE THAT NEED ONE!"
      Thanks. I'll try to pin it down a little better before I give him a number.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

As it is, it would be a nice museum piece, but if anyone really intended to use it, it would need new gaskets at least, and maybe more to clean up corrosion and such. At least, it shouldn't be warped as so many of the old ones are.

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
          Thanks. I'll try to pin it down a little better before I give him a number.
          The carb is is a Carter box so it probably is new.

Comment

Working...
          X