PDA

View Full Version : Value of NOS NIB Carb?

11-29-2010, 03:06 PM
A man emailed me about finding a new Carter 1-barrel carb., Model BBR-1 in the box with the instruction paper still readable identifying it as being for a 49-55 Studebaker Truck. It looks like it was never installed.
Anyone have any idea what it should be worth?
With instructions in the box I suspect it could be a rebuilt unit.
Thanks,

StudeRich
11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
A brand new, original equip. Carter but aftermarket Carb. sold at a Carb. Electric Parts store in the day without a Studebaker Part number sticker, not sold at a dealer would have instructions in the box, if the box actually says "CARTER" brand name on it, it probably IS new not rebuilt and would be an easy $100.00 to $200.00 at a Swap Meet, but here's the bottom line: "FOR THOSE THAT NEED ONE!"

11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
A brand new, original equip. Carter but aftermarket Carb. sold at a Carb. Electric Parts store in the day without a Studebaker Part number sticker, not sold at a dealer would have instructions in the box, if the box actually says "CARTER" brand name on it, it probably IS new not rebuilt and would be an easy $100.00 to $200.00 at a Swap Meet, but here's the bottom line: "FOR THOSE THAT NEED ONE!"
Thanks. I'll try to pin it down a little better before I give him a number.

whacker
11-29-2010, 07:01 PM
As it is, it would be a nice museum piece, but if anyone really intended to use it, it would need new gaskets at least, and maybe more to clean up corrosion and such. At least, it shouldn't be warped as so many of the old ones are.

12-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks. I'll try to pin it down a little better before I give him a number.
The carb is is a Carter box so it probably is new.