'63 Wagonaire questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Wagonaire questions

I Have a few questions for the knowlegeable folks here. Where does the twin traction emblem go? Can you remove the dash without removing the windshield? Are gaskets for the rear side windows available? Are there any roof roller replacement tips? Thanks, Bish
    sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
    1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
    1959 4E2 4spd, TT
    1963 8E28 GSA order
    1963 8E5 SOLD!
    1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

I believe on the gas filler door...but I can't remeber seeing one on a wagonaire, gaskets ....weatherstripping is available....try Studebaker International...
    I made my own rollers for my roof section....I used good quality shower door rollers...they have stainless steel ball bearings...and roll quite well...
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I have had 5 wagonaires and all but one had TT. None had the emblem. These were 1963-65 models.

Mark

Comment

The Dash can be removed in all Studebakers with the Windshield in.

The rear cargo area window Weatherstrips are not available.

I also have never seen a Wagonaire with a TT Emblem from the factory, and I have owned 3 with Twin Traction.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You can remove the dash without removing the windshield.

I ordered both rear gaskets from SASCO a couple of years ago and only received one side (and they had low inventories on those) - SI may have found more so check with them.

SASCO was completely out of the roller tips at the time too, so check with SI to see if they managed to find more.
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
            I believe on the gas filler door...but I can't remeber seeing one on a wagonaire, gaskets ....weatherstripping is available....try Studebaker International...
            I made my own rollers for my roof section....I used good quality shower door rollers...they have stainless steel ball bearings...and roll quite well...
            Look at your Wagonaire again. 1963 Wagonaires do not have a "gas filler door". I do not believe that Studebaker used the TT emblem on 1963 Wagonires.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              Look at your Wagonaire again. 1963 Wagonaires do not have a "gas filler door". I do not believe that Studebaker used the TT emblem on 1963 Wagonires.
              I also don't believe that Studebaker used the "TT" emblem on any model, after model year 1962.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Well maybe, except for a good number of '63 GT Hawks that did use up a lot of leftover Gas Doors with the TT Emblem on them, of course WITH the TT option.
                Mine is one of many early cars like that, it also has the early flush mounted Parking Light Lenses and the Silver non-Walnut right hand dash & glove box overlay panels.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Well maybe, except for a good number of '63 GT Hawks that did use up a lot of leftover Gas Doors with the TT Emblem on them, of course WITH the TT option.
                  Mine is one of many early cars like that, it also has the early flush mounted Parking Light Lenses and the Silver non-Walnut right hand dash & glove box overlay panels.
                  That's exactly like my grandparent's '63. TT emblem, dash, front lenses, etc. Their car was built in Sept. 62.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help. Sorry about the double post. Bish
                    sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                    1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                    1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                    1963 8E28 GSA order
                    1963 8E5 SOLD!
                    1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

I can answer some questions -

Nothing after '62 had a TT emblem. At least not fitted by the factory.

Yes you can remove the dash without removing the windshield.

Unfortunatly the rear side glass seals have not been available for many years.

The rear rollers were in stock at SASCO so they are probably still available from SI.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                      X