Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for pics of SB Fire Dept. Studes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pics of SB Fire Dept. Studes.

Every month I write an article for my chapter newsletter. For one of my next articles, I'm thinking about writing about the history of the South Bend fire department and their use of Studebakers. This would also include the Studebaker plant fire dept. Right now I'm looking for photos of Studebaker fire equipment from as early of years as possible to as late of years as possible. Does anybody have a pic of a Studebaker fire wagon and regular fire trucks from the 1800s to 1963? I'm also looking for pics of chiefs cars. They would be even better if they had "South Bend Fire Dept." on them too if possible.
    Thanks.
    Chris Dresbach

Next question, how do I move this into the general Studebaker discussion forum?
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Easy, just highlight & drag it, click Control "C" go to General and start a new post, then click Control "V" and paste it in. Then go back to the original and note: "see Post in General, moderator please DELETE this."

And please leave those HUGE signature pics OFF of multiple posts!

Only a Moderator can actually MOVE it.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
        Next question, how do I move this into the general Studebaker discussion forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
          Every month I write an article for my chapter newsletter. For one of my next articles, I'm thinking about writing about the history of the South Bend fire department and their use of Studebakers. This would also include the Studebaker plant fire dept. Right now I'm looking for photos of Studebaker fire equipment from as early of years as possible to as late of years as possible. Does anybody have a pic of a Studebaker fire wagon and regular fire trucks from the 1800s to 1963? I'm also looking for pics of chiefs cars. They would be even better if they had "South Bend Fire Dept." on them too if possible.
          Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the complement, Jim. I thought that was one of my better articles too. As for my N&A books, later evening is best, about 5 or 6pm. Chanes are I will be in the garage at that time anyway, so that would work for me.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Ill ask Mr. Quinn about some photos. That's basically my plan to go thru all the different departments in SB that used studes, starting with the FD just because I find myself there several times a week. (ride home from school. releatives on the FD) If you can help that would be great.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Not the city of SB, but close....

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
                  Not the city of SB, but close....

WOW ...now that's about as close as you can get without actually being the South Bend FD ...or Notre Dame FD. I've seen that Clay Township FD Truck many times before, but still don't know who currently owns it ...the SNM???

Comment

That photo is a good start. Keep 'em comin! The truck behind it is certainly familiar!!!
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                    X