Hawk Wheel Well Moldings - Another set up for grabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Wheel Well Moldings - Another set up for grabs

Gotta pay rent. <G> I have a couple of sets done.

Will give a $100 refund for your old restorable cores.

For those that have recently purchased wheel well moldings from me, they will be shipped out at the first of the week.

Nice Matt, how are you fixed for cores?....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

I could always use more, I get a lot of totally trashed ones and my supply of workable ones is slimming down.

Comment

Interesting, Matthew.

I have an NOS RF wheel opening molding, still in what remains of the wrapper with attaching clips and nuts, left over from when I "restored" my 1963 Hawk circa 1972. I just never happened to use it.

Although it has been wrapped and never on a car or exposed to much light, it is nowhere near as shiny as the ones you produce! 'Talk about "better than new," I'd say so. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

BP, I've got a few various NOS pieces of stainless and none of it is as shiny as anything I've redone. The original stainless simply wasn't polished to the mirror-like luster that people expect today. Plus the NOS stuff has oxidized just like a piece that's been on a car for 50 years.

NOS pieces are also the most boring to restore.
          Last edited by mbstude; 11-27-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Interesting, Matthew.

I have an NOS RF wheel opening molding, still in what remains of the wrapper with attaching clips and nuts, left over from when I "restored" my 1963 Hawk circa 1972. I just never happened to use it.

Although it has been wrapped and never on a car or exposed to much light, it is nowhere near as shiny as the ones you produce! 'Talk about "better than new," I'd say so. BP
            The last NOS one that I had was in a Studebaker cardboard box with a piece of wood across it to prevent bending. I sold it for $50, including shipping. That was a few years ago, but I have recently sold good used ones for $15 each. I am currently all out of them.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X