Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti underhood wiring - questions

Hi all--

I have the engine out of my 1963 Avanti R2, and while it is out of the way I want to clean up some of the wiring. The harness under my hood is the original one, and the insulation and connections look very ratty. Long-ago collision repairs to the driver side inner fender apron (done poorly) probably resulted in things being put back not quite right-- because the voltage regulator/starter solenoid/window & horn relays look like a rats' nest tangled with the power steering hoses.

I attach a photo of how mine looks. Please avert your eyes if you are the sensitive type. I have scoured the web for photos, but none I can find give me a direct, clear view of this area.

So-- here are my two questions:

1) Can anyone provide a photo of an Avanti driver's side inner fender near the master cylinder, showing all of these components installed neatly?

2) I am used to doing things the correct way-- and therefore I would like to consider replacing the wiring harness. But I sincerely do not wish to make rewiring the entire dashboard and car interior a part of this project. Has anyone ever spliced in and installed a bulkhead "quick disconnect" type of connector such as used on cars from the mid 1960s onwards, so that the engine compartment harness remains a separate unit? I am so tempted to consider this. The thought of this project becoming any larger is unappealing to me at this point.

Thanks to you all.

Bill Henderson
    Attached Files

Bill
    Send me you email address and I will send you some photos.
    pb

Comment

Email address

I suppose that would have been helpful for me to supply. It is:

wfhenderson@yahoo.com

Comment

Bill,

Go here,

there might be one of what you're looking for. If not, I will get one off to you later today.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Thank you Jim

Jim- this album is inspirational! Yes, it helps me very much. Thank you for replying to my request for help.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X