PDA

View Full Version : Where is this coupe located? Anyone else have this T-Shirt? Too bad if you still have dial-up!

jnfweber
11-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Just a photo to test your knowledge of geography.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/jnfweber/Sky%20Hawk/MysteryPhoto.jpg

8E45E
11-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Just a photo to test your knowledge of geography.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/jnfweber/Sky%20Hawk/MysteryPhoto.jpg

Looks like a map of Nevada on the T-shirt, but what's with all them Fiats in the background??? The one closest wasn't even sold here in North America!

Craig.

(BTW. I don't have dial-up, but I do have the patience to quietly wait for it to download, and not piss & moan to others here on the Forum about 'taking too long'.)

Anne F. Goodman
11-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Aria Hotel Las Vegas Nevada

jnfweber
11-26-2010, 02:14 PM
That is Nevada on the T-shirt, with a green '51 superimposed. Meet? Chapter? Year?

Maynard
11-26-2010, 02:49 PM
That is Nevada on the T-shirt, with a green '51 superimposed. Meet? Chapter? Year?

Oh, DUDE! It's AREA 51.

Anne, that's funny.

Fiats? I sort of have a Fiat. It's actually a 1984 Pininfarina Azzura.

8E45E
11-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Fiats? I sort of have a Fiat. It's actually a 1984 Pinfarina Azzura.

That would be the post-Fiat 124. If I remember right, Malcolm Bricklin was the importer for both the Pinninfarina Azzura and the Bertone X1/9 after Fiat packed up and left North America.

Craig

StudeRich
11-26-2010, 03:25 PM
That would be the post-Fiat 124. If I remember right, Malcolm Bricklin was the impoter for both the Pinninfarina Azzura and the Bertone X1/9 after Fiat packed up and left Noth America.Craig

Got a sticky "R" key there Craig?:D

8E45E
11-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Got a sticky "R" key there Craig?:D

Fixed! Thanks Rich. I should be watching, though. I'm on my company computer, dust between the keys and all!

Craig

Nelsen Motorsports
11-26-2010, 04:05 PM
It could be Israel, but maybe not by the English signs.

sweetolbob
11-26-2010, 04:23 PM
In honor of Thanksgiving, Turkey.

Bob

Maynard
11-26-2010, 04:57 PM
That would be the post-Fiat 124. If I remember right, Malcolm Bricklin was the importer for both the Pinninfarina Azzura and the Bertone X1/9 after Fiat packed up and left North America.

Craig

That's right, Craig. I have some Pininfarina promo literature with his company name on it.

Johnnywiffer
11-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Man!! Don't want to swipe the thread but...that brings back memories. Not only do I have the Bricklin Spider single page brochures (like '58 Studebakers had), I have the complete dealer kit--including the little booklet "Everything Pininfarina Owners need to know" Turn it over, "Everything Bertone Owners need to know."
Had such pertinent questions as, "Isn't the Pininfarina just the old Fiat Spider?" Answer: "No, dummy, its only LOOKS like it. It's actually a completely different car." Or something like that.

Also have Spider brochures from '78 thru '84 plus about 100 of the Fiat Turbo Spider brochures, as well as just about every road test of the car from 1972 thru the Azzurra (Why'd they name it that? It's the name of some yacht.)

And how about this corner of my wall?

That's a 3' x 4' (!) poster of a Spider plus 3 enlarged pix of ads. Did I mention I used to be a Fiat Parts distributor for San Antonio?

And you thot I was just a Studebaker/Fiero-soon-to-be-Packard-freak! HA!!

John
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/misc/pencil.png

Maynard
11-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, that's some cool stuff. Isn't that a beautiful car? Mine's Rosso Red, like the one in the poster. Sort of in the same collector status as Studebakers, in that you can get them pretty cheap. Maybe you should...

I only know two things about Azzurra; 1.) it's Italian for a sky blue color, and 2.) There's a very good chance the DMV doesn't have a listing for it, and that even after you spell it for them correctly, when you get the title back, it'll be wrong.

I guess I know one more thing, that relates to the yachts. The trunk badge of the Azzurra is round with a picture of a blue yacht sail set on it. I don't know the connection.

Might work on mine today.

jnfweber
11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Getting back to the original subject, the above is the answer to both the original queries. Since we are now discussing Fiat-produced automobiles, here is a photo of mine.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/jnfweber/Sky%20Hawk/Zagato.jpg

8E45E
11-28-2010, 04:13 AM
Getting back to the original subject, the above is the answer to both the original queries. Since we are now discussing Fiat-produced automobiles, here is a photo of mine.

Fiat also owned Innocenti from 1990, which is now an orphan car. I posted a couple of pics of one in the Stove Huggers Forum.

Craig