. Vintage Candy . ( BATWING )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Vintage Candy . ( BATWING )

Rare picture of a 1937 Studebaker Coupe in its natural habitat . .
    When i lived in New Jersey i knew someone who had a mint original one of these stashed in his barn with a bunch of other rare misc classics . Someday when i go back there i`ll see if its still there and take pics of course . .

Last edited by aarrggh; 11-25-2010, 10:05 AM.

Where's that time machine?

BTW.. Was the guy who had the barn full of cars named Ralph?

Comment

One of my all time favorites.

What is the car on the other side just entering the intersection?
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Great car.
        It makes most of the others on the street look like antiques...especially that two-box sedan in front and to the left with the exposed trunk.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I`m not sure . It was about 20 years ago . He came to my house a few times begging me to sell my 38 . . He was an old car pack rat - "Barn full , Yard full" .
          His place was in Washington , New Jersey . .

Comment

Yep, that's gotta be Ralph Banghart. "The Studebaker Sanctuary"... As far as I know, the 30's beauties are still tucked away in his barns. He used to drive them (a '36 coupe for example) across the US to the national meets.

Comment

Does anyone know if Ralph has a website . The one i found is not working .
              Just wanna see if he has any 38 stuff and see how hes been doing after all these years since i been there last . . thanks .
              ( maybe it was a '36 i seen ) its been awhile .
              Last edited by aarrggh; 11-25-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                Rare picture of a 1937 Studebaker Coupe in its natural habitat . .
                Hey! If ya turn the picture over, (it's flipped, by the number in the upper corner), mebbe we can see the front!
                Sonny
                http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Love this pic.

Comment

Did anyone notice that there are actually TWO 37 studebakers in the top pic?
                    The car just entering the intersection towards the camera is a 35-36 Dodge.
                    Evan Davis
                    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Great photo! A quick search tells me that 'Bonnie Brae Street' is in Los Angeles...for what it's worth.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Looks like there's a 66 VW Bug way over on the far left....I'm just sayin...

Comment

Was the OP pic. taken, by any chance, in Pasadena? That spannish-style building on the left looks familliar. I can't remember the name of the street, but it looks like the one that goes over the arroyo in that spectacular arched bridge.
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

While I would sure like to have the 37.........The marble 20mph sign would look awesome in the garage.

I attempted a cell phone pic of a "Kansas City" book at Barnes and Noble the other day when I spotted a 36 ish COE in the city with a stake type bed.

The COE looked very similar in WB size as the dump truck in the below photo.
                            Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 11-26-2010, 06:40 AM.
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That does look like a VW !
                              I think it must be Woodward Ave then <g>
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                              X