More VIN Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More VIN Info?

Recently I received the production order for my '53 Commander Starlight from the National Museum. VIN# is 8346734. Engine# is V-269642. Model# is 4H-C5 COMET. I understand most of what is on order. A few questions-What do the 4H and COMET mean? And what is the Climatizer?
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

4H means it is a 53 Commander and the Climatizer is the heater. Comet has been discussed on this forum before but I don't know what it means.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

4H means it is a 53 Commander and the Climatizer is the heater. Comet has been discussed on this forum before but I don't know what it means.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

COMET was simply a shorthand name for that model. Every model had a specific SHORT name so correspondence length could be minimized when word transmissions were being paid for by character number, as with a telegraph. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

COMET was simply a shorthand name for that model. Every model had a specific SHORT name so correspondence length could be minimized when word transmissions were being paid for by character number, as with a telegraph. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Specifically, a Commander Regal Coupe equipped with overdrive.

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Specifically, a Commander Regal Coupe equipped with overdrive.

Dwain G.
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
              X