tach for 63 lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach for 63 lark

I am looking for a tach to replace the blank hole in a 63 lark, one that gets the signal from the neg. side of the coil, have nto had any luck finding one as of yet, anyone with info. would sure be helpful, thanks folks. MAC

Yoy can buy the tach bezel and install a standard size aftermarket tach, or spend $500 or so to do a factory unit. SASCO had the bezels, Studebaker International should have them now. Bezel pictured.
    Last edited by JDP; 11-23-2010, 12:26 PM.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I have the instrument panel out of a junked 1964 4-dr, standard V-8, auto trans Daytona. For some unearthly reason, the car had a factory 6000 RPM Tach installed.
      edp/NC
      \'63 Avanti
      \'66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
        I have the instrument panel out of a junked 1964 4-dr, standard V-8, auto trans Daytona. For some unearthly reason, the car had a factory 6000 RPM Tach installed.
        Put it on Ebay, the last one sold, NOS out of the box for $355 just last week. I was asleep that day.
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

It's funny how I procured this thing. My brother was at a backroad semi-junkyard in NC looking for a replacement AM radio for his '66 Cruiser. Turns out this place had 5-6 Studebaker cars and trucks in various conditions of BAD deterioration. He mentioned that the car he was getting the radio out of had a tach. Alarm bells went off immediately because I figured he'd stumbled onto some rare R series car. So I went with him only to find a plain '64 Daytona 4dr with an auto on the column and single exhaust. The original /8/ motor and trans had long been removed. I cannot imagine why this car would've had a factory tach, but it did, so we bought the whole dash. That was pretty much the last usable items left. I have no idea if the Tach still works or not, but it looks a lot like the one in my '63 Avanti.

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
          Put it on Ebay, the last one sold, NOS out of the box for $355 just last week. I was asleep that day.
          edp/NC
          \'63 Avanti
          \'66 Commander

Comment

Working...
          X