new stainless door sill plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new stainless door sill plates

After purchasing and sending back some new aluminum door sill plates, I found some one to make me new ones from stainless.
    Several people have asked me about the door sill plates I had made for the 57 GH and the 55 champion I was working on, so I've decided to post the info here--

Victor Yordy at The Metal Works made them for me.

Victor,
    Now that you have a handle on how to make these up and the material involved --- can I get a cost break down --
    4 door sedan (two with the turned up ends) one set of four -- Stainless ? NOT AVAILABLE
    Aluminum ? 465.00
    2 door coupe/hdtp (47" long doors) one pair (no turned up ends)
    Stainless ? 340.00
    Aluminum ? 300.00
    This will give me something to present to Stude owners/ club members that may want a set for their car.
    Last edited by Kdancy; 11-23-2010, 05:01 AM. Reason: add picture
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

These would be NICE!!!.... Keep us posted..

Comment

I saw these in person on the '57 Golden Hawk. Saying they are beautiful is a major understatement.

Comment

Just got a qoute for set for my 56 wagon from the above company. $545.00 ss. Man, I really just can't justify that price.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Thanks, Ken,

I too, would like to have a pair for a two door wagon, but would have a hard time justifying the cost. If there were more wagon owners that wanted some, do you think the price could come down?

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Awww c'mon, that's five expensive dinners you can go without this year and these will still be there forever, well after the expense! Well, if you count your belly as permanent, I guess that's a bad analogy. <G>

Comment

About ready to order a set of these but can you tell me how they mount??... Thanks and Yes they are Beautiful!!

Comment

Just got a call from Victor and he has 3 sets left of the long ones (Hawk type) and would sell them all at a discount price to move them out.
                Give him a call if interested and ready to buy,
                Postal Address
                The Metal Works
                Box 56
                Dewart, PA 17730
                Phone
                (570) 538-9194
                Email
                themetalworks1@windstream.net
                64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

Finally ordered a set for my 57 GH yesterday....Thanks Victor!!

Comment

Sill plates

Wow. These are gorgeous. I want a pair for my 56 Hawk, If I understand the description these will work on all C's and K's. Is this correct?

Thanks

Comment

I'm planning on calling him, but thought I would ask here first - can he do ones based off of old ones (my front ones, at least one needs replaced, but my back are fine)?

Maybe nobody knows, but since I'm in and out of meetings, I thought maybe it could be a faster answer here.

Comment

Alyssa,

Ones for your car are available here:

That's for a PAIR.
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Yes, I think so. Some one else varify? The door opening should be the same. Only the post from the backj of the door up would be different.
                          64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

I bought a pair from them and sent them back. That is when I got in touch with Victor and had him make up a set based on the originals. He made up a set for the 55 Champion sedan and the 57 GH that I worked on.
                            64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

Well, I was just thinking that he's much closer, and I could drive to pick them up maybe, and give him the originals so he would have an exact template for my car... I guess I should just find time to call him and see what's up!

It gives different listings for the front doors and the 2 doors from 52 on Studebaker International - it says that for Sedans, one would need to cut off a portion.

Comment

Working...
                              X