Studebaker dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker dealership?

I have a 1963 Lark R1 that was built on 1/16/63 and shipped to San Bernardino, California as a sold car. I have a set of license plate frames from a dealer named Warren & Day. Was this a Studebaker dealer? I'm guessing it's a long shot that the frames would be on the car since new, but I thought maybe someone here would have that information. Thanks, Richard
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Yes; I have heard of them they were a Stude. dealer, I am from So. Cal. but I don't have the address, someone in Cal. should chime-in with the details!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes; I have heard of them they were a Stude. dealer, I am from So. Cal. but I don't have the address, someone in Cal. should chime-in with the details!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This forum has a running topic with known Stude dealerships being added occasionally, but I didn't see Warren & Day in there yet.

However, another topic thread addressed how to find out the dealership that your car originally came through, by obtaining the factory build sheet for your particular car (from the Studebaker National Museum). Here's the url to that topic:

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

This forum has a running topic with known Stude dealerships being added occasionally, but I didn't see Warren & Day in there yet.

However, another topic thread addressed how to find out the dealership that your car originally came through, by obtaining the factory build sheet for your particular car (from the Studebaker National Museum). Here's the url to that topic:

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Not all cars were built off an order. Some build sheets only have a number that's assumed to be where the car was in the lot. The destination is not necessarily the dealer.

My POF shows a destination of North Sacramento, CA. Is this a dealership? Is it a holding lot for distribution to the northern California area? I don't know. I have a decal on the rear window for San Jose State University. I was told by the P/O that the car spent the majority of it's years in the LA area. Who knows?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Not all cars were built off an order. Some build sheets only have a number that's assumed to be where the car was in the lot. The destination is not necessarily the dealer.

My POF shows a destination of North Sacramento, CA. Is this a dealership? Is it a holding lot for distribution to the northern California area? I don't know. I have a decal on the rear window for San Jose State University. I was told by the P/O that the car spent the majority of it's years in the LA area. Who knows?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Warren and Day was the dealership in San Bernadino. They were quite an old dealership.

R. Quinn
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Warren and Day was the dealership in San Bernadino. They were quite an old dealership.

R. Quinn
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thank you all. I do have the build sheet, but the dealer is not on it, just the city, shipper, date, and that it was sold. It's interesting that the frames both front and back from the dealer would still be on it.
                    Richard
                    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Thank you all. I do have the build sheet, but the dealer is not on it, just the city, shipper, date, and that it was sold. It's interesting that the frames both front and back from the dealer would still be on it.
                      Richard

Comment

Working...
                      X