This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 prez. to mr biggs

Im sorry for not getting back sooner .I cant read the numbers but the tag is light green if that helps

Well, the PAINTED numbers could well be worn away. Rightfully, those painted numbers should read AS2-5J. The paint hasn't held up well after 50 years. The stamped numbers should be there tho. If they were 19000 or SMALLER, chances are it's a 1st gear start. While light green ISN'T called out in the list of tag colors, light blue is and it could be that the blue has faded to green thru the years - especailly with exposure to heat and tranny fluid.[xx(]
    The only green-colored tags used (and it's a medium green, not "light green") were on later Champion automatics. While one of these probably WOULD fit up behind a V8, it probably wouldn't hole up long unless the driver feather-footed the throttle most of the time.[:X]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, the PAINTED numbers could well be worn away. Rightfully, those painted numbers should read AS2-5J. The paint hasn't held up well after 50 years. The stamped numbers should be there tho. If they were 19000 or SMALLER, chances are it's a 1st gear start. While light green ISN'T called out in the list of tag colors, light blue is and it could be that the blue has faded to green thru the years - especailly with exposure to heat and tranny fluid.[xx(]
      The only green-colored tags used (and it's a medium green, not "light green") were on later Champion automatics. While one of these probably WOULD fit up behind a V8, it probably wouldn't hole up long unless the driver feather-footed the throttle most of the time.[:X]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X