I'm gonna do it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna do it!!

All the time I was having this car built, I kept saying this car is gonna be driven. No trailer queen for me and no museum peice.

Jay Leno once said a car should be built up to 100 points and driven down to 80. I like that saying and intend to live by it. I've put a ton of money into this car but I still want to drive it anywhere, anytime.

So, today is the day to put my money where my mouth is. We have a meeting at Vintage Ford in Rancho Cordova today and it's raining up a storm. This will be the first time the car has been out in the elements and I'm stressing about it. By the time I get back, the undercarriage will be totally mudded up.

Oh well, here goes.....

Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

What time is the meeting. I would like to go. Call me 530-320-6299

Comment

Did call but got an answering machine. The meeting is at 11am.

You can always check our newsletter for information about upcoming meetings.

Karel Staple Chapter of the the Studebaker Drivers Club
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Excellent! This is why they came with windshield wipers.

By the way. I love the bullet.

Comment

Good on Ya! Wanted to send you pictures of my Stude Shop truck. 46 M series. Drove it in the snow yesterday!! But the old pictures I have of it in the snow from a few years ago are on my other computer and it is too cold to go out there to retrieve them.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

It looks good! Other than the lighting, what modifications does the car have.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That photo wants to be in Turning Wheels...

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                All the time I was having this car built, I kept saying this car is gonna be driven. No trailer queen for me and no museum peice.

Jay Leno once said a car should be built up to 100 points and driven down to 80. I like that saying and intend to live by it. I've put a ton of money into this car but I still want to drive it anywhere, anytime.
                Sdude

I'm a believer in the "If you see mine on a trailer it's stolen" school of car collecting.

I had the same thing happen on the first drive after I had put several years of effort into my SBC powered 39 Ford coupe. We left for St Ignace and the car show and hit down pours on about 50% of the 200 mile trip. Got to St Ignace with all kinds of grunge on the brand new paint.

Pulled into the motel with a large group of other car owner and got all kinds of accolades for driving "That gorgeous car in that weather".

After the initial hard swallowing is done you be so happy you drove it.

ROAD WARRIOR trumps TRAILER QUEEN everywhere/everytime.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  It looks good! Other than the lighting, what modifications does the car have.
                  I've been posting updates for over a year. I don't know how to post a link to an old thread but if you search "Coming soon" on 12-6-2009 you should find an interesting older thread with some pictures of it undressed.

I did write an article for Turning Wheels. Still waiting for Art to publish it. Keep looking.....
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Is that a string of LEDs around the nose?
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      Is that a string of LEDs around the nose?
                      Sure is....

Buck Rodgers meets Audi
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Did you make it home from the meeting okay? I'll bet you remembered your cell phone this time! It sure was raining down here.
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

It rained all the way there but was clear on the way home. It's dirty underneath now. She's officially a ROAD WARRIOR.

It only hurt for a little while.

I only need my cell phone when I don't have it.
                          Jon Stalnaker
                          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Good job! Those electric wipers work great, and the climatizer makes the inside nice n cozy!! I always carry a big towel because the trunk leaks on my '51.....

Comment

Good for you Jon. I missed again. Today was our grand daughters birthday party. I miss you guys.
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X