Reedsville location , In a valley !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reedsville location , In a valley !

In was just checking the weather at Reedsville on Wunderground and did you know Reedsville is in the Kishacoquillas Valley ? Now I've been going there off and on for 30 + years and never heard of the Valley Kishacoquillas , Now say that three times fast ? By the way the weather won't be to bad , Ed

I dunno, when you look down on it from the highway, then come down East Back Mountain Road from the other side, you can sure see the valley I believe the stream that borders the park where the swap meet is is called the Kishacoquillas (river?)
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Actually, it's Laurel Run but also called Kishacoquillas Creek;flows in to the Juniata River at Lewistown.
      Obviously, Kishacoquillas Valley was named in 1754 to honor Chief Kishacoquillas.
      Last edited by rockne10; 11-18-2010, 05:24 PM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Any pictures from the Kishacoquillas Valley yet? It would be nice to view what you are seeing there at the meet if you can get away from your vending area, Brad. Not that the history and geography lessons aren't fun!

Comment

Just had to post this one:

First outer skin for a driver's door from molds made by Kevin Roan. He has also made the mold for the inner but not yet glassed a skin. He is meticulous and this is really smooth and ready for finish.
          He has invested about 2K in this and is looking for feedback before he proceeds or throws in the towel. He figures a complete shell without hardware would be $650. Order a door or buy his molds and he's done. (814) 360-5302

I spent much time as a first time vendor at my table so took few photos. Will try to take more tomorrow. Here's what I got.
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          Last edited by rockne10; 11-20-2010, 07:11 PM.
          Brad Johnson,
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for one picture, Brad! I'm glad someone is trying to help the guys out who are searching for doors.

Comment

More than one! Here's a link to them all:
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
              Brad Johnson,
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                More than one! Here's a link to them all:
                http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
                Thanks for the pictures Brad. I clicked on the link and then hit the slideshow button. You took some great shots. Also, looks like you had some pretty nice "junk" for sale as well.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks, John.
                  I netted $203 and the best junk went back home with me. CASOs aren't ready to spring $100 for '51 grills or $40 for a tri-star wheel cover.
                  Sure had a lot more than $200 worth of fun, learned some stuff and taught some stuff. Will do it again.
                  Actually, when you consider everything I sold cost me more than I sold it for, it was all just fun.
                  Last edited by rockne10; 11-21-2010, 05:57 AM.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Great work, Brad.... in and out of your vending area. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X