1937 J5 fire truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 J5 fire truck

Did anybody ever build a fire truck out of a 1937 J5 coupe express pickup? I have a model of a '37 I may customize, but would need a photo of a real one.
    Thanks.
    Chris Dresbach

K 15

There is one in the Seattle area. Anyone have pics of it at Spokane, or Sac. meets?

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
      There is one in the Seattle area. Anyone have pics of it at Spokane, or Sac. meets?
      Mike, you are probably thinking of Wheeler's - http://www.pbase.com/redtop/image/18590720
      Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
      Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
        Yes:

And a different K-series.

Craig

Comment

Thanks, that should help. Do you have a shot of the back of the truck?
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

But that's a K model, and not the smaller J5...

Originally posted by Bellingham Studenut View Post
            Mike, you are probably thinking of Wheeler's - http://www.pbase.com/redtop/image/18590720
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I knew I recalled the number wrong, pre war is not my specialty. Chris got his picture. close enough?

Comment

I'd be surprised if there ever was a J5 (or K5 or L5) fire truck, as that model was only a mere 1/2 ton.

Comment

There was an earlier thread where Harbor Freight was selling a K5 truck for a while....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                  X