PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Studebaker cars at auction in Raleigh, N.C.

Studebaker Wheel
11-17-2010, 01:20 AM
http://www.raleighclassic.com/new/about.php

Go to "Inventory" then page 8.

r1lark
11-17-2010, 05:11 AM
I like the black '62 GT with the wire wheels and supercharger.............

JRoberts
11-17-2010, 07:08 AM
While the GT is nice, I really like the '52. Who knew such a company existed in our own backyard. Now where did I put theat winning lottery ticket? I can never find that thing when I need it.........

BobPalma
11-17-2010, 07:24 AM
An interesting site and will be an interesting auction, Dick. Are you familiar with the 1942 President being offered? Supposedly the best in the world, and it does look nice.

And I see the allegedly 2,XXX-mile 1956 Sky Hawk has again surfaced; it has been discussed here at length.

That auction company sure plays fast and loose with assorted "facts" and actual mileage claims; they must have a good legal department and a detailed disclaimer form each buyer must sign to purchase a car.

Example: The black 1962 Ford Galaxie 500 sedan is said to "still have its original tires."

Well, they had better be in bags off-site, because they are not on the car. Not only are the ones on the car slightly too narrow a white for 1962 Ford production, the spare tire doesn't even match the four on the ground! And I'm not sure even the spare is an original tire for that car; I'd have to have a closer look at the tread. (The spare's tread appears to wrap around the edge of the pavement contact area, a characteristic that did not appear until 1965 production-line tires.)

Anyway, lots of interesting cars in that sale, to be sure. BP

(S)
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Dual belt set up on that Hawk? I see other clues on that orange engine.

mbstude
11-17-2010, 02:09 PM
I would really, really love to own that' 42.

52-fan
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Strange that the 52 almost appears chopped. I guess it is the camera, but the top looks low. The wire wheels are a nice touch for some added class. The engine, of course, is a 169 not 166, but they got close.
The 62 GT with a supercharger and 4 speed would be a fine car to drive. Those two items are just what my old GT needed.