distributor 180 degrees off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor 180 degrees off.

Would an engine be able to run if the distributor was 180 degrees off, but the firing order correct ?

No....unless someone kept the wires in the same order off the cap ("firing order") and also moved them all around 180 degrees from their original positions.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Comment

Yes, as BP stated, the engine in my 62 Daytona was that way! I replaced the wires, and put them in correctly, would NOT start! it burped and farted, but no start! I finally figured it out, moved the dist. and she fired right up.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

my 63' Cruiser is running perfectly that way.....turned 180 degrees...! I don't want to replace the wires right now....

Comment

Working...
          X