91st Fresno Veterans Day Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91st Fresno Veterans Day Parade

The parade went for almost three hours! Missed getting a shot of The Kid leading off our group in his '55 President. (sorry Bobby) Here's the rest.
    Attached Files
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

And more...
    Plus one just for fun. Look at the tires on that thing!
    BTW: That's the original owners in that Wagonaire.
    Attached Files
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Kurt--

Very nice...and I'm guessing not every make of car was quite so well-represented as Studebaker in that parade! Good show, as the Brits say. Especially like the blue '62 Lark.

I took my own Lark out to Mt.Hope airport today for the Remembrance Day service at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. Lovely weather meant the museum's Lancaster bomber (one of two flying in the world) got airborne, overflying the museum at 11am exactly (during the piping-in of the Colours), and other ceremonies in the city soon afterward. The equally-rare Lysander flew after the ceremony was over. Turnout for the hangar ceremony was tremendous, possibly as many as three thousand individuals, many of them veterans, with surprisingly many being vets of World War II.

I had no sooner parked my Lark when a surprise glided up and parked directly behind me...a '56 President Classic, rarely-spotted car out of nearby Binbrook. Hadn't seen the owner in about two years. A '40 Ford street rod also turned up. Pix will eventually be on P'bucket...

S.

Comment

Looks like a great celebration Kurt. Thanks for posting the pics.

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Bob my neighbor was riding with me in the 1949 Champion. I just Love this picture. The other one is the Navy League and me. Plus a link to all the pictures I Shot today.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Anne F. Goodman; 11-11-2010, 10:08 PM.
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Working...
          X