Things that make you go "WTF"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Studebaker HHR?

Does he really think it will fool anyone? Lol!

I want to know where he got those Chrome looking "Studebaker" letters on the tailgate! They are very nice looking and remind me of the ones on the Avanti Motors Studebaker "XUV" prototype, but were never used on a "real" Studebaker, that's for sure.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-10-2010, 01:16 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

WTF is correct. Bud

Comment

Too bad the "funding" ran out... I wonder what it would have turned into..?? I think it would have been easier to "convert" it into a PT Cruiser..
        Last edited by prager; 11-10-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

WTF? World Trade Federation? Western Tree Frog?

On a different note, does Ch*vy make an HHR SS, or is that part of the Studebaker spoof?
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

The "SS" is an error, one he made Gravely, I fear. Just goes to show that maybe he doesn't know enoungh about Ch*by history--or Packard either "ask the man who owns one"

Sad, I have resisted even looking at this on Ebay for several days, but get it on the Forum and I'm off like a shot taking it all in. The part of the ad that just gets me is this:
            THIS IS A 2007 CHEVY HHR LS THAT I HAVE BEEN CONVERTING TO A STUDEBAKER BUT HAVE LOST FUNDING.

Good grief!!! Someone was funding him to do this?

Now, if he REALLY wanted to do a Studebaker tribute, since the rear end lights are similar to a 58, then he should have tacked on little fins at a 75 degree angle. Chrome trim on the sides, and of course a two tone paint job. If its a station wagon tribute as well, make the roof leak.
            Last edited by Jim B PEI; 11-10-2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Geez you guys, it just looks like the guy's a Stude fan and was having fun personalizing it to his taste. I know of several modern Big 3 daily drivers who make no effort to hide the brand, but have added Stude emblems and/or decals to show their love of Studes. No harm that I can see.

'Converting to a Studebaker'? I think it was just a less-than-ideal choice of words.
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Chevybaker? This reminds me of the chevy version of Matts Fordabaker...
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

WTF? World Trade Federation? Western Tree Frog?
                  It's shorthand for What The Fudge(or insert your favorite F word). Also see WTH, which is What The Heck(also insert your favorite H word).
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Interesting thing is....He could actually enter it to be judged at an SDC event.
                    There was a GMC pickup in Charlotte a few years ago that was entered to be judged..

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Great idea. I'm going to get some Rolls Royce emblems and decals and convert my old Chebby pickemup.

What was worth $900 will then be worth $150K.

A new face on my Seiko will make it a Rolex. Yours for only $8000.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
                        Great idea. I'm going to get some Rolls Royce emblems and decals and convert my old Chebby pickemup.

What was worth $900 will then be worth $150K.

A new face on my Seiko will make it a Rolex. Yours for only $8000.

If that works, can I re-name my wife Jennifer Anniston?

I love that GMC with the Stude face.
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Didn't do much to Studebaker it up. I showed it to my wife who drives an HHR and asked her if she wanted me to do that to her car. She didn't even hesitate her emphatic no.....
                          Jon Stalnaker
                          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Cut him some slack guys. I think it's kind of cool.

Comment

To a potential HHR buyer he has probably decreased its appeal but WHAT THE HECK. Just proves the Studebaker name is not lost on some.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X