Service in the San Fran Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service in the San Fran Area?

Am considering purchasing a car and would like to get it looked at this Saturday if at all possible. Mainly want to have the front end looked at and do a compression check on the motor. Studebakers West is closed Saturday and the current owner can't get off work to take it during the week.

Anyone know anyplace else? The owner is on the Peninsula between SF and San Jose.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Check with Carl or Herman @ Studebakers West in Redwood City

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Looks like it's time to get a floor jack, raise the front wheels wiggle the king pins, look over the suspension and tie rods, check the fluids, get a compression gauge and check the compression. That's if you are physically able of course.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

C and B Studebakers

Bob Peterson. I'm sure he'll ring in sooner or later. He is in Castro Valley.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Looks like it's time to get a floor jack, raise the front wheels wiggle the king pins, look over the suspension and tie rods, check the fluids, get a compression gauge and check the compression. That's if you are physically able of course.
          Well, that is my plan if I can't find someone who knows more than me. My concern is that even if the steering is perfect it may feel loose to me. I really don't have a feel for what is right on a car of this vintage.

Regarding the compression, what should I expect to see for a good running engine?

Comment

Working...
          X