Parting Out 54 Starliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parting Out 54 Starliner

Just thought I should pass this on to those of you that are back east.
    This is a sad story if you are Studebaker lover as most of us here on th Forum are.
    Car got hit hard in the rear 20 miles after restoration was completed! Go to www.witrak.com to see the pictures and get the contact info.
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

The real shame of it is that the doors still fit great. It would seem to me that it would be better to save it than just sell off pieces and throw it away.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
      The real shame of it is that the doors still fit great. It would seem to me that it would be better to save it than just sell off pieces and throw it away.

Bob
      yup, either way you look at it...it's a bummer, but hard to see (at least from the photos) why it could not be easily saved. Too bad the grill shells are already gone, I could have used those. Also looks like a phantom/slick stuff front suspension was installed...still wish someone would step up and say if that r&p steering really works without bumpsteer. Just some thoughts...sure looked like a nice car. Junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Appears to be a 1954 Champion Starliner that has been modified. From the pictures, it looks like it could have been repaired with a complete rear clip including frame section.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hi Juior
          I too am still waiting for someone to step up on the R&P question. But like my chop I am getting tired of waiting and I think I am just going to go ahead with the R&P conversioon on Sandi's 61. I think Jerry F is on the right track from the photos and his other stuff.
          Brian
          PS Would you like to get another C/K car. As I found 3 nice ones on a road trip a couple of weeks ago. All good deals!
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I certainly would have saved it, not that hard to find a rear clip. Especially a recently restored car. From the surrounding pictures it looks to be a salvage yard only; probably no collision shop. But it was there before the wreck, so it must have been loved by someone there, so ??? I am puzzled how a restored car with only 20 miles has those worn-out cheapo tires on it though...
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
              PS Would you like to get another C/K car. As I found 3 nice ones on a road trip a couple of weeks ago. All good deals!
              Another car...sure that would get me in a whole lot of trouble...check this one out
              http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ238365601
              I suggested to my wife that we should go look at it as it's only 1.5 hours from me, and I kind of thought she would like it as a 50th birthday gift as she was born in 1961...that's when I got the stink-eye from her, she wants to travel instead (oh well)
              Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                From the surrounding pictures it looks to be a salvage yard only; probably no collision shop. But it was there before the wreck, so it must have been loved by someone there, so ??? I am puzzled how a restored car with only 20 miles has those worn-out cheapo tires on it though...
                Bob, the story was posted earlier on the forum...something like an errant Crown Vic plowed into the Stude and a Chevy truck while they were parked at an alignment shop or something like that. IIRC the Stude was wearing Weld wheels, so the el-cheapo mismatched tires and wheels are probably just rollers. Junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                  I too am still waiting for someone to step up on the R&P question. But like my chop I am getting tired of waiting and I think I am just going to go ahead with the R&P conversion on Sandi's 61.
                  Count me in as another still researching! So far it's about 50/50 pro/con.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post

Bob

Was I the only one who saw the bent frame? I hope he had insurance...
                    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                    Lizella, GA

Comment

Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports View Post
                      Was I the only one who saw the bent frame? I hope he had insurance...
                      No you weren't, Alex. Please refer to my earlier post.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X