PDA

View Full Version : '50-'51? in my neighborhood

Neal in NM
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I just realized recently that I have been seeing a 50-51 Studebaker in a yard that I pass by frequently. I have known the owner for many years but never took notice of the Studebaker before. So I went to his yard today to take a closer look, he wants to sell all the vehicles whole and does not want to part them out (there is only one Studebaker). I told him I would bring my camera back another day and take pictures to post on this forum.
What I observed missing are, the rear fenders, trunk lid, doors, rear axle, and for some reason the front fenders were cut out like bigger tires were mounted. The engine is there as well as the chrome bumpers. We live in the high desert of New Mexico so all of the metal looks good and not rotten.
When I go back to take pictures what do any interested parties want to see? Also where would I look to find the tag to indicate which year it might be? Thanks, Neal

jclary
11-03-2010, 07:01 PM
When I go back to take pictures what do any interested parties want to see?...Thanks, Neal

Since you put it this way...(I can't resist) I would like to see a perfect '51 Land Cruiser style steering wheel that I could buy for about twenty five bucks!

Neal in NM
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Since you put it this way...(I can't resist) I would like to see a perfect '51 Land Cruiser style steering wheel that I could buy for about twenty five bucks!

Yes the steering wheel is still there but as I said he will not part it out. Maybe somone will purchase it and part it out. I will take a pic of the steering wheel just for you. Neal

woodysrods
11-04-2010, 12:48 AM
With all the things you listed that are missing it sounds like he has already parted it out.
Good roads
Brian