X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black Bart Special is running!

Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Ron, I think that is a really nice setup you've put together. NOW you and Ted Jensen need to line em up and GO!
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yahoo!!!! Good going Ron. Keep us posted.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        Ron, I think that is a really nice setup you've put together. NOW you and Ted Jensen need to line em up and GO!
        Ted and I have been talking and comparing notes...his is almost identical to mine, using a similar cam, carb and overbore. He told me his sounds surprisingly different than expected. The big difference is that his has a transmission behind it, and mine has the trans on the bench...so right now, he'd win.
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

Inline Power!

"A lot of people have questioned why I would spend the money and effort on this when a used 259 would be drop-in with better performance. I don't have a good answer, except I wanted to."

Obviously, you're an Inliner! You prefer an engine that is straightforward and direct, simple to maintain, and interesting to see when we open the hood. If you've seen one V-thing -- all contorted and bent out of shape, with essential pieces hidden, where they're difficult to service -- you've seen them all! Every kind of inline is unique, an individual, pure, a thing of beauty -- and not a common sight nowadays. That's why we're installing a 245 inline six (bored .060) in my 1949 2R10. That's why i have a 302 GMC inline six (bored .125) in my 1952 Chevy two-door. Catch that one with a 259 (or a 289), if you can!

For the purity and power of inline engines, see Inliners International ( www.inliners.org ).

God's Peace to you.

d

Comment

Originally posted by eirenetheou View Post
            "A lot of people have questioned why I would spend the money and effort on this when a used 259 would be drop-in with better performance. I don't have a good answer, except I wanted to."

Obviously, you're an Inliner! You prefer an engine that is straightforward and direct, simple to maintain, and interesting to see when we open the hood. If you've seen one V-thing -- all contorted and bent out of shape, with essential pieces hidden, where they're difficult to service -- you've seen them all! Every kind of inline is unique, an individual, pure, a thing of beauty -- and not a common sight nowadays. That's why we're installing a 245 inline six (bored .060) in my 1949 2R10. That's why i have a 302 GMC inline six (bored .125) in my 1952 Chevy two-door. Catch that one with a 259 (or a 289), if you can!

For the purity and power of inline engines, see Inliners International ( www.inliners.org ).

God's Peace to you.

d
            Yeah, that's the reason! (It's better than mine anyway!) ;-)
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

Ron,I lost track is yours gonna be automatic? ya I heard Ted's run a couple months ago at his place,it really does sound good! it's just something you do'nt see in a truck like that,just really something!!!
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                Ron,I lost track is yours gonna be automatic? ya I heard Ted's run a couple months ago at his place,it really does sound good! it's just something you do'nt see in a truck like that,just really something!!!
                No mine is a t-90 OD. I gotta get it finished abnd back in so I can drive!

Ted says it's been a while since he drove an OHV6, and it was in a Lark with different gearing, so he has no real point of reference. Mine is going back into the same truck the 170 was in, and no change in gearing..and I drove it last maybe 3 weeks ago, so I'll let everyone know my impressions....as usual, this weekend is full, so who knows when I'll get the tranny rebuilt and back in...

Ron
                Ron Dame
                '63 Champ

Comment

Congratulations Ron

I went and dug out my 185 crank out of storage last weekend and when I get a weekday off next week I'll take it in to a local machine shop for grinding. Now I have to remember If my spare ohv block has its main caps in order, never take something apart when you are really ill.

If you can get this ohv 185 done there is hope for me

Jeff T.
                  \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                  The Replacements.

Comment

If you can get this ohv 185 done there is hope for me

Jeff T.[/QUOTE]

Said the only guy slower than me in building an engine! ;-)
                    Ron Dame
                    '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                    X