Today...a Studebaker tradition continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today...a Studebaker tradition continues

Last time I went to the poll to vote, I drove the Land Cruiser. Today I will drive a true "Green" machine.

My '55 truck has been green and emitting copious amounts of hydrocarbons for 55 years!

It is our duty to vote. Regardless of which side of the issues you lean towards, by all means go vote.

At least, if you drive your Studebaker...we'll be united on one issue.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Don't forget to vote early AND often!

Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

So are older vehicles really as dirty as they say they are, or are the newer ones just flooding their exhaust with copious amounts of hot air? Think about it...we have at least 20 years worth of newer cars that are all getting about the same MPG or worse than say a '79 Honda Accord. BTW our old Accord got 34MPG with the AC on doing 70 with 4 people in it. Yet it would be considered a dirty vehicle by today's standards.

I plan on voting as many times as they let me today! ;-)

Comment

I envy you, we are all vote-by-mail here. I miss going to the poll to vote.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Don't forget, our Studebakers are a great recycler of refined hydrocarbons - what can be Greener than that? Help plants grow big and strong by topping off the tank with high octane and driving more. Who knows, the plants you feed today could become the fuel your successors will burn in another 150 million years. See, recycling CAN be fun...

Oh yah, and don't forget to vote =)
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X