1948 Land Cruiser Parts Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Land Cruiser Parts Needed

On the 1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser, the bottom of the steering column goes into a gear box mounted to the frame. The Pitman Arm comes off the side of the gear box, and a long rod goes to a PIVOT (I don't know what to call it) mounted to the frame below the battery holder. The PIVOT is greased from underneath, but there must have been some kind of obstruction in my PIVOT because it hasn't had grease since 1948. The PIVOT is worn out and rubbing on the bolt heads that hold it to the frame.

Does anyone know where I can get another PIVOT mechanism? I have a picture of the problem. I can e-mail it to anyone who wants to see it. Even if you could help me with the terminology I'd appreciate it.

I also need a passenger side rear fender and perhaps the two passenger side doors for the 1948 Land Cruiser. The car is in excellent shape, but the passenger side has been hit or sideswiped.

I hope somebody can help me get the parts I need so I can continue the restoration. Please e-mail me at grantwriter1@msn.com.

Thanks,

Joe
Working...
X