I'm a New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a New Member

Just want to say hello to all you Studefanatics. My wife's father and uncle customized a '53 commander at their body shop in Custer, S.D. 40+ years ago. It had been in a head on collision so they put a Ford grill on, shortened the passenger compartment to a single bench seat, put a Chevy truck roof on, enlarged the rear to include a trunk large enough to hold the removable roof and to accomodate a spare tire continental kit. A Buick was used for rear quarters replacing originals. Original 232 engine runs great and has only 18000 miles on it. I had AC added, new upholstery, and converted to 12 volt. Just a few minor things left to do with a better paint job planned in a few months. It looks like an oversized '50's T-Bird and has been mistaken for same by several people. One of a kind in Yuma, AZ.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Post some pictures. Sounds like a very unique Stude!

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Post some pictures. Sounds like a very unique Stude!

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Yes please post some pictures.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Yes please post some pictures.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! Awaiting pictures of this one of kind Studebaker.

Randy_G
            1959 Lark Sedan
            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! Awaiting pictures of this one of kind Studebaker.

Randy_G
              1959 Lark Sedan
              This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
              X