I like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like...

The perfect 2 door hard top sedan would be a combination of...

'56 tail lights, '56\'57 head lights, '57\'58 wrap around grill, '58 fins...

So where's my car? What would yours be?

53/54 Commander front and rear with the 58 Starlite 2dr hard top middle, for me. I'd call it Starliner.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fatboylust; 10-30-2010, 05:48 AM. Reason: Stand corrected, thanks studegary

Comment

Well heck! If we have license to go full "HOG WILD" with imagination...my dream car would be an absolute "bone stock" looking 1932 Studebaker President Roadster. Oval headlights, secret air conditioning, and a hidden "cold fusion" nuclear engine capable of a lifetime of operation requiring no re-fueling!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Most anything in the sedans and wagons '53-4 and '56. I'd also like to have a '56 Transtar 1 1/2 ton pickup. All stock V8s and two-tone Green, of course.

Oops, hey, I've already got the wagon! All she needs is... um, well... like, complete restoration. But hey, since this is Fantasy Island, she'd be completely, frame-off, restored... right?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Mine would be a 2R5, with airride suspension, Turner Discs, R-2 engine, or maybe an R-3, Tremec, A/C, visor, painted Ferrari Dark Cherry. Look stock, but not. But, no one seems to be listening to me........

Comment

Originally posted by fatboylust View Post
            53/54 Commander front and rear with the 58 Starliner 2dr hard top middle, for me.
            I think that you mean a 1958 Starlight hardtop middle and there would be no difference in the ends (except trim) for Commander vs. Champion for 1953-1954.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

A 58 Packard HT (not Hawk) with 57 Clipper grille and trim and the second set of fins removed would make an interesting-looking car. I know the 57's were 4 door only so most of the trim would have to be custom.
              Last edited by scott.rodgers; 10-29-2010, 10:35 AM.
              Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              \'60 Lark HT
              \'63 Wagonaire
              \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Another interesting one would be a 57 President HT converted into a convertible using pieces from a 60 Lark ragtop.
                Scott Rodgers
                Los Angeles
                SDC Member since 1989
                \'60 Lark HT
                \'63 Wagonaire
                \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

53 C with Factory R-2 and 4 speed

Comment

I'm a sucker for early Silver Hawk fins.
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by fatboylust View Post
                      53/54 Commander front and rear with the 58 Starlite 2dr hard top middle, for me.
                      Nice work, but I think you could improve the looks even more by using a 53/54-style windshield instead of the wraparound style. IMO.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

'58 Scotsman 2 dr sedan with a 4-53 Detroit diesel.Might need to beef up the front suspension a hair
                        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
                          The perfect 2 door hard top sedan would be a combination of...
                          '56 tail lights, '56\'57 head lights, '57\'58 wrap around grill, '58 fins...
                          So where's my car? What would yours be?
                          My oh my~ we think a bit alike, don't we?

A car I have long dreamed about would be along these same lines,
                          but instead it would be based on a '56 President Classic.
                          It'd be powered by a '56 Packard 352 (or better) combined with a 3sp/OD.
                          The nose would be '57 Packard, but all the trim would be '56 President.
                          The tails lights could go either way- '56 or '57 Stude. (but Packard would be 'fun', too.)Inside I think I'd go with a combo of Stude and Packard, but a Packard dash FOR SURE!!!!

Another ride (or two) I've always thought would be sweet~
                          • '56 President trim on a '57 Parkview...
                          • a '57 Packard nose on a '58 Packard
                          • a '57 Stude nose on a '58 Stude

Quite the dreamer I am, eh? I blame too much time at sea on BIG grey boats, mostly...
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

All neat ideas for sure!

Comment

1951 Business coupe, R1 or R4 Powered, 5 or 6 speed transmission, 52 ruby red Steering wheel and horn ring, 52 Tail lights, 64 GT Hawk Headlight rims, Lark fold down split seat. Nice wheels (undecided) Have the car just need to get busy.
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X