Wonder if This Truck Ever Was Built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if This Truck Ever Was Built

I would like to see this truck finished. Looks like it would have a lot of room in the cab.
    Attached Files

Interesting Truck, the proportions of the "Extended Cab" are good, I like the 1/4 window shape similar to the door window.
    It has a long bed and a 3/4 Ton Chassis. I also noted that it appears to have a fuel filler hole welded up in the rear of the bed right where a factory 4X4 fuel filler would be!
    I am pretty sure the advanced thinking at Studebaker never went quite that far.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like a creative photoshop job to me. Interesting though.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the owner did a lot of work on the truck and got pretty far, but financial problems forced him to sell it. He had a web site that featured the progress on the truck, but the last entry was the for sale ad. I don't have the link anymore.
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I saw one of these in a guys back yard near Reno,Nevada. Not finished, the guys Dad was building it and passed away. It's for sale, CHEAP.

Comment

Concept doesn't work for me. There is way more room than needed to stretch out the driver's legs, but it would be inaccessible for any real utility. The factories figured out if the extended cab is to be usable, the rear area needs a door for access. That's the way most are built today.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

Look carefully, guys; it is Photoshop work.

Look at the middle and rear trailer tires and wheels. They are identical in every way, indicating the same tire & wheel assembly appears twice in the photo due to the Photoshopping.

Well done, though. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This is a photoshopped picture, but the it was the concept for the truck the guy actually built. The whole thing was built on a long wheelbase dually Chevy truck frame. When it was for sale it looked almost exactly how it does in that picture (old paint and all).
                Scott Rodgers
                Los Angeles
                SDC Member since 1989
                \'60 Lark HT
                \'63 Wagonaire
                \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

His caption does say "The Intended Look". Nice photoshop work. You don't see too many short deck trailers with tri-axles.
                  Hope someone managed to finish the project. I like it.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                  X