what does this bumper fit on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does this bumper fit on?

I saw this on ebay...will it fit a 56 Hawk? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en

Its definately a '55 or later bumper. I am not sure but sedan rear bumpers may be different from C/K ones?

Jeff in ND

Comment

I beleive 55 - 64 c+k cars use the same rear bumper,and also 55 sedans,(and maybe even 55 wagons) but I'm not willing to bet my paycheck on it!!!
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It definitely will fit a '56 Hawk, also '55 C, K and Sedans and '57-'64 C & K.
        The 1954, '55 & '56 Wagons all use '53/'54 Sedan Bumpers 532088W.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,was that for tailgate clearance" the more petite bumper"
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

My 56 Parkview bumper does not look like that it is a 2 piece . I think the one on E-Bay would hit the tail gate.

Comment

It was among other reasons, to fit the '54 Taillights. The '56's got the little square imprints with prisms on the inside, on the lenses like the Sedans but still used '54 Sedan Taillight Housings. I don't see how the taller '55 Bumpers would fit. And if they did, as you say the center "hump" would crash the Tailgate.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                It definitely will fit a '56 Hawk, also '55 C, K and Sedans and '57-'64 C & K.
                The 1954, '55 & '56 Wagons all use '53/'54 Sedan Bumpers 532088W.
                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X