PDA

View Full Version : new guy from north jersey - 51 commander

baf6
10-24-2010, 01:41 PM
hi there, new guy from north jersey (passaic county)

currently working on restoring my dad's '51 Commander V8....he's had the car for close to 40 years, and unfortunately never had the time, money, or energy to do much with it....he's been a mechanic for 35+ years, and is now an auto-tech instructor for Lincoln Tech schools....

as long as i can remember he has been making excuses and procrastinating on doing anything with the car....i've finally had enough, and i'm trying to give him a kick start to get it on the road....she runs great, fires right up, but there is plenty of rust, rot, and neglect to keep us busy with it for a few years :)

just ordered new front floor pans for it, he has almost a full interior for it in my attic....it got a new coat of paint a few years back just before he sold his auto shop, but it sat outside for a few seasons and the paint is now toast (just another thing to add to the list :)

i'll get some pictures of it up soon....if you have any advice, helpful links for restoration parts (doesn't have to be a numbers-matching resto, just clean and pretty), let me know

-brian

Kdancy
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Brian,
Those 51 Commanders are nice!
If not already, take a few bucks and join the SDC (Studebaker Drivers Club) and recieve the monthly publication. Also would help you a lot to join the local chapter-
Garden State Chapter.
Meets at various establishments Contact Ed Jones V.P.
President:
Jack Widman
609-587-9017

Vice President:
Ed Jones
732-240-6758
email

Treasurer:
Fidel Chinique

Membership Contact:
Fred Gerstler
email

Newsletter: Garden state Champion
Editor: George Vikos
email

jts359
10-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi This is Ed Jones from the Garden State chapter , Our next function is a Train ride with the So. Jersey group on Nov 13 and a Christmas party in Dec , Give us a call at 732 240 6758 ,Thanks , Ed

Werdegast
10-24-2010, 09:35 PM
What happened to that super Stude fellow pete cristello....met him in so bend yrs back