PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for My Powershift. Parts Needed

studebaker-R2-4-me
10-23-2010, 06:20 PM
It's not a good Studebaker day. I just got the news that my spare powershift transmission is pooched. I brought it down to my re-builder to go through it for the new drive train that was going in the Lark. The transmission needs too many parts to even rebuild it, its virtually a case with an okay clutch pack. Planetary gear is shot,worn bearing torn apart, the valve body is gone. He was using words of the parts that have absolutely no meaning to me. The re-builder suggested to find another bad transmission to build one good one from two. I going to go and see him this Tuesday to check out the bad news. He told me to bring two boxes, one for the good parts, one for the bad parts. Throw the bad parts and keep the good parts.

Any leads on a power shift transmission would be appreciated.

Allen

2R5
10-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Al , maybe someone is trying to tell you to go 4 spd <g>

JDP
10-23-2010, 06:30 PM
It's not a good Studebaker day. I just got the news that my spare powershift transmission is pooched. I brought it down to my re-builder to go through it for the new drive train that was going in the Lark. The transmission needs too many parts to even rebuild it, its virtually a case with an okay clutch pack. Planetary gear is shot,worn bearing torn apart, the valve body is gone. He was using words of the parts that have absolutely no meaning to me. The re-builder suggested to find another bad transmission to build one good one from two. I going to go and see him this Tuesday to check out the bad news. He told me to bring two boxes, one for the good parts, one for the bad parts. Throw the bad parts and keep the good parts.

Any leads on a power shift transmission would be appreciated.

Allen

I have a few from running parts cars. $250.00. I'm in Md though.

PackardV8
10-23-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm in Spokane, WA and have a Powershift from a running car.

jack vines

studebaker-R2-4-me
10-23-2010, 06:54 PM
I have a few from running parts cars. $250.00. I'm in Md though.

Do you think Greyhound would ship it to Buffalo NY? ... I might be able to suck Bob (2R5) to be able to pick it up for me in Reedsville if you or know someone who is going..

JDP
10-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Maybe Bob could pick it up with his lift on his way to Reedsville.

WCP
10-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Sounds to me that your rebuilder isn't too interested in seeking parts for the rebuild. I have a couple of cores and some parts as well. I wouldn't throw anything away until you have a working transmission. I also have a complete Powershift setup removed from my Avanti after it was fully rebuilt and detailed. I have been planning on retaining it to go with the Avanti when I put the car up for sale. It is a complete conversion package to return an Avanti to the automatic setup (bell housing, converter, mounts, cooling lines shifter, pedal etc.) and as such wouldn't be cheap if I change my mind.

Bob Andrews
10-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Maybe Bob could pick it up with his lift on his way to Reedsville.

Talked to Allen a bit ago. Glad to grab that from JDP. I'm still looking to find someone to pick up the lift, and if I do I'm sure they'll grab the tranny too. If not I'll pick it up while I'm down there.