Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For sale: 1964 Studebaker 289 or 259... Out of 1964 Commander. Complete Engine and trans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale: 1964 Studebaker 289 or 259... Out of 1964 Commander. Complete Engine and trans.

I have a 1964 Studebaker 289 or perhaps a 259. I recently pulled it out of my 1964 Commander Sedan.
    Engine is complete from air cleaner to oil pan.
    I pulled it cause it had low compression when I had a compression check done and my original plan was to drop in a 283 or 350.
    The original oil breathers are still on the engine, original hugger orange valve covers and original hugger orange air cleaner. The trans works great!! It is a 3 speed automatic Studebaker Trans. Shifted good and reverse worked great. No problems with it.
    The engine had the carb rebuilt,new thermostat and gasket,recently painted valve covers and air cleaner, and all lines were painted black along with intake manifold.
    Original Stromberg 2 BBL Carburetor.
    All fluids were drained from engine and trans.
    Cylinders have been cleaned, and its a really good motor when it was tuned right.
    Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. We can setup a freight or pick-up.
    Need to sell asap.
    Call me if interested 702-985-6308 Andrew.

I'll post pictures in the next few hours.

702 is in the Las Vegas, Nevada area.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Suggest posting the engine number, found on the top front of the engine. A 289" is usually worth a bit more than a 259" and guarantee the buyer is going to want to know what he is getting.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by AndewT View Post
        The original oil breathers are still on the engine, original hugger orange valve covers and original hugger orange air cleaner.
        Original ORANGE Valve Covers and Air Cleaner? Maybe you did not see the DOZENS of '63-'64 Stude. engines on posts here or the hundreds of ebay and craigslist cars, the Valve Covers are all pale YELLOW! And the Air Cleaners are low gloss Black!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 10-21-2010, 01:05 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I know the original color is yellow, I changed them to orange, I thought they looked way better, When i say original I mean the actual part is original.. Sorry.

Engine number reads: 1554641
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are some pics of the Stromberg Carburetor.. and Engine code.
            Everything else is included in sale except Yellow Accel Wires and spark plugs, and radiator.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndyT View Post
              Here are some pics of the Stromberg Carburetor.. and Engine code.
              Everything else is included in sale except Yellow Accel Wires and spark plugs, and radiator.
              Andy that is the casting number every block has the same number on it (Part Number). You will find on the right hand side on the very front there will be a flat machined pad with a stamping in the block. What does the stamp say? That Stamp will tell us if it is a 289 or 259CID
              1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
              PSMCDR 2013
              Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

VJ320 was stamped on the block

Comment

A 259 Engine assembled Sept. 20, 1963, making it a '64 year model engine. V=259.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
                    X